• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to here!

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello!

The name's Stephanie and I am new to here. I have a 2 year old beardie named Lola and she is pretty neat.

We named her Lola after the Kinks song since we weren't sure what she was when we first got her. We figured if she turned out to be a boy we'd still call her Lola, lol

So far we haven't been able to get her to eat her greens, but she sure loves her crickets and the occasional ant. Any ideas on why she is not eating them?

I'll be looking around on here so let me know!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi...greens do take time many times for them to start to eat. Like LK said, pics. Can't wait to see pics of her...I mean him!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Try mixing mango or strawberry with her greens. That's how I got my 2 y/o to eat her veggies. She also LOVES cantalope. As far as greens, what kind are you using? My dragons prefer collard, mustard and turnip greens.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no! Now I have that stupid song in my head. Thanks Stephanie! LOL!

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some pics, soon. ;)

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pics are being a pain... taking too long to upload. I had one of her and her best friend Parker (cat) giving nose kisses and another of her posing with her "good side"

She loves strawberries, but only picks the fruit out and ignores the greens. I stopped feeding them to her and started giving her pellet food. Today I went back to the greens in hopes of them being eaten by the time I get home from work.

Sorry for the song, lol... Rockstars for life! lol

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:
Pics are being a pain... taking too long to upload. I had one of her and her best friend Parker (cat) giving nose kisses and another of her posing with her "good side"

She loves strawberries, but only picks the fruit out and ignores the greens. I stopped feeding them to her and started giving her pellet food. Today I went back to the greens in hopes of them being eaten by the time I get home from work.

Sorry for the song, lol... Rockstars for life! lol

We have a little patience....especially when it comes to pics.

My Sam tends to pick out her fruit, too. So I hold out on her for a few days while she just gets veggies and greens. Besides, the fruit she loves the most (raspberries) are known to bind calcium. So I'm only doing what's good for her. She just doesn't realize it. LOL!

No worries on the song. I'm a musician....so I've always got "something" in my head. I just need to hurry up and find another song to replace it with. LOL!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You'll need to post your pics with an account like photobucket.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok I think these will be kinda small, but its the only way to get them up so people can ooh and ahh over my Lola Chopper (as I call her. Chops for short)

tn

Parker and Lola giving nose kisses
tn

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah... Craig.. that explains everything.
Stephanie and Lola, Welcome !
Rule #1: Patience pays off !
Rule #2: Refer to rule #1.

Welcome again !
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well....MOST everything, Janie.

Darn....the pics are so small they resemble a red 'X'.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks for all the welcomes.

Forgot to mention... Lola is missing a toe nail, which makes her cool, lol. When she was a baby her cage mate bit it off.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Breath darlin... Rome wasn't built in a day, and some days... life stinks...
It's all good !
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
??LOLA!!! LO ?LO LO? LO LOLA!!! ??I love that song!!! I'll be singing that all night now!!!

Welcome Stephanie!!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
??LOLA!!! LO ?LO LO? LO LOLA!!! ??I love that song!!! I'll be singing that all night now!!!

Welcome Stephanie!!!

You just HAD to do it! Now I have that song in my head again..... :-X

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How's the rest go? She walks like a man and she talks like a man "something..something" I hope you understand ...she's my Lola!! Now before your correct me. I tend to make up my own words to songs if I don't know the real ones!!! It drives my kids crazy!! But I don't care. I go on happily singing the wrong words!!! LOL!!

Latest posts