• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Dubias

Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just ordered about 100 adult dubia roaches. They are coming with 4 egg crates and some food. I know I need to get some sort of bin and a heat source as I'd like them to stay in the garage. Is there an inexpensive way to keep them warm? I've see the heat tape recommended by the roach guy, and placement on top of the dragon's lair but I'd prefer a cheaper, less visible method of keeping them warm. Any ideas? My garage is NOT insulated and it can get down to 20F outside at night during the winter.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heating pad or heating lamp are the two most obvious answers. If you can keep them in an insulated enclosure, you wont have to worry quite as much about heat. You will still need a heat source though.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Heating pad or heating lamp are the two most obvious answers. If you can keep them in an insulated enclosure, you wont have to worry quite as much about heat. You will still need a heat source though.
ya i would have to agree i dont know that there are many other options out there to be honest not sure if a heat pad would do it if it gets down to 20. Id stick them in a insulated cooler if thats your plan.

Latest posts