• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to all this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow can't spell for nothing today lol been up most the night doing research on various things so I really need a nap
Please do not use the water fountain --- its going to increase the humidity in the tank and dragons dont need it they are a desert animal please send it back ---- it will also cause RI 's --- please send it back -- did you order the hygrometer I posted the link for ? when the UVB comes in please post so I can help you place it in the tank they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen on the tank -- we can go from there when it comes in but please do not use the water fountain ----

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she is shedding another leg today so going to give her another soak
Ok she doesnt need so many baths --- let her shed do its thing --- too many baths will dry her scales out

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please do not use the water fountain --- its going to increase the humidity in the tank and dragons dont need it they are a desert animal please send it back ---- it will also cause RI 's --- please send it back -- did you order the hygrometer I posted the link for ? when the UVB comes in please post so I can help you place it in the tank they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen on the tank -- we can go from there when it comes in but please do not use the water fountain ----
I can cancel the fountain not a problem it's not a running fountain it's a trickle fountain like it drips down the rock at a slow rate so it's not supposed to cause humidity it's not a steady stream

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can cancel the fountain not a problem it's not a running fountain it's a trickle fountain like it drips down the rock at a slow rate so it's not supposed to cause humidity it's not a steady stream
almost like a water bottle effect

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
almost like a water bottle effect
I see well to air on side of caution lets not do it --- you dont want her sick er -- we dont know her background and we need to get her basking temps correct and that UVB that is what keeps them healthy --- and the way your son found her was not good --- shes had it rough

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I see well to air on side of caution lets not do it --- you dont want her sick er -- we dont know her background and we need to get her basking temps correct and that UVB that is what keeps them healthy --- and the way your son found her was not good --- shes had it rough
I get that but she has had 6 Mos of tender loving care he has taking her from near death to really good health she has had vet visits I'm new I panicked until I saw she was shedding and read the behavior is normal I guess I panic a few more times until I know what's normal what's not thank goodness my vet is only 2 blocks away lol because I'll probably be bugging him alot lol.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I get that but she has had 6 Mos of tender loving care he has taking her from near death to really good health she has had vet visits I'm new I panicked until I saw she was shedding and read the behavior is normal I guess I panic a few more times until I know what's normal what's not thank goodness my vet is only 2 blocks away lol because I'll probably be bugging him alot lol.
Ok thats good --- dragons will hide their illness till the very end you wont know shes sick till its almost too late its a instinct thing ---- that is why we want to prevent that and the correct basking temps and UVB is going to do that -- plus good diet as well :)

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thats good --- dragons will hide their illness till the very end you wont know shes sick till its almost too late its a instinct thing ---- that is why we want to prevent that and the correct basking temps and UVB is going to do that -- plus good diet as well :)
thank you for all your help appreciate it alot like I said I don't have a clue I'm learning and trying really hard to get it all right I have a dog who is a rescue I adopt and volunteer my time with as much as I can with no kill shelters so I'm an animal lover no matter what species I help them so when my son asked me to take care of her while he is deployed of course ❤ I just want her to be healthy , so thank you fir your help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank you for all your help appreciate it alot like I said I don't have a clue I'm learning and trying really hard to get it all right I have a dog who is a rescue I adopt and volunteer my time with as much as I can with no kill shelters so I'm an animal lover no matter what species I help them so when my son asked me to take care of her while he is deployed of course ❤ I just want her to be healthy , so thank you fir your help.
Sounds good - watch your dog around rexie we have had several dog / dragon disasters on another forum - the dragons didn't make it plus the dog may stress her out too much

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds good - watch your dog around rexie we have had several dog / dragon disasters on another forum - the dragons didn't make it plus the dog may stress her out too much
oh I don't let the dog near rexie she is protected I don't let the two near each other I have a Yorkie mix he is very skittish runs and hides from everything so would not stress him out neither .