• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Tank

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Me and the Gf are looking at a new tank. We were thinking of either going with a 55 gallon, or a 60 gallon. Both are the rect. styles just like your, and the the 55 is made for reptiles. Would that be a good size for a full size BD?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The 55 would work, you would be better off with a 40 Gal Breeder tank, more floor space than both & easier to heat & provide UVB. A regular 40 gal has the same floor area as the 55 & 60.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most pet stores or fish supplies should have them, they have a 36 x 18 floor area, 17 tall, which gives 4.5 square feet, the floor area of the tanks you mentioned are 48 x 12, 4 square feet. It's your choice.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Yep....never to old to learn. I have a 40 gal reptile tank and bought it from my 'favorite' Petsmart store. I like it because you can easily get into it. It does have a lot of floor space. I use slate tile for the substrate and I really like it but there are lots of things you can use for flooring....good luck!! :cool:

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Mines a 48" x 18" x 18" working out a 6 square foot floor space, I think that's ok for a beardie may be 2 ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Mines a 48" x 18" x 18" working out a 6 square foot floor space, I think that's ok for a beardie may be 2 ??

can i ask how much was that? my gf is trying to talk me into letting her get one because she has falling in love with the bds. she has been helping with the care of spazz so she knows what it means. and i dont what to house them togther

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
LOL i knew that Germ, but thank you. Now i have ammo to show my gf. No i was either plainning on building a split one like yours or spliting a big tank in half...it might be easier just to build one...

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Hi the tank was £130 as in in the uk

Latest posts