• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New setup!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Basically, I got sick of cleaning my babies' poop off of their tablecloth I had for substrate. It worked well for a while, looked nice, and then the constant cleaning that was really hard to do, got me angry. It just looked yucky after a while. ANYWAY, I went out and bought TILES! I also rearranged their setup. The tiles, sadly, did not fit. some are overlapping a bit, but I still love it way better than the tablecloth. Oh, and now Baby's nails shall get filed nicely! (They're so long and sharp...). I also got my fixture for my Repti-Sun 10.0, finally. ;D

Tell me what you think of their new setup! ;D

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Melissa. It looks nice. Just to play devil's advocate, as I'm known to do, have you considered getting each their own viv? Splitting a viv is a great temp solution when separating 2 beardies, but each needs a larger viv. A cool side is needed along with the hot side. Just some food for thought.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah, I've realized they need their own tank now. I did some thinking, and I've come to the conclusion (took me a month..) where I'm going to rehome one of the babies. Just with all the changes in my life, and lack of room (3 large beardie enclosures in an apartment is a lot...), I feel that one less will be easier.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good job....as far as the tiles, if you go to lowes(if you have one) they almost always have closeout tiles on sale.
Also, they will cut the tiles for you however you want/need for free.

I echo the previous statement about a colder side for each being needed. Once you use that tank for just one of those cool guys(removing one sides' heat lamp) you will have a great setup!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like a good call in finding a home for one of your babies. It's a tough decision and shows how much you care for them to ensure they get the best life can offer them!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Eagles, sadly there is no Lowes here.

Renee, it really is a tough decision. I'm not going to give one of my babies to just anyone. I've made a plan where I am going to meet the person, and make sure they know how to take care of them. Even though beardies are a beginner reptile, I'd rather have someone experienced or at least very knowledgeable, to take one of the babies.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The setup looks really good. Its amazing the difference tiles can make.
Sad to hear about you giving your one baby up, but it is the best thiing to do. You really care for them to make sure they both get the best care. Even if it means one will be getting it someplace else.

*make sure the new owner has internet and this forums adress, for frequent updates*

Latest posts