• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wadesparent

Bearded Dragon Egg
SOS need help in so many aspects of my lil beardies life.

to begin with I’ve acquired a 6 month old beardie from my brother bc he wasn’t responsible enough at this time.

where can I buy starting packs for breeding dubia roaches myself?

Where can I buy bulk habitat carpet?
(should I bulk buy anything else to save money?)

what type of modeling clay or sealer is safe in a beardie tank (can handle heat, Non-porous, safe to eat on)?

what’s a normal weeks eating schedule look like? For 6m-adulthood

how do I reduce humidity?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions but pls help just want to provide my beardie with the best life

Attachments

• 00E70990-A05B-4CF6-9906-DA26F2A387A0.jpeg
    00E70990-A05B-4CF6-9906-DA26F2A387A0.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
SOS need help in so many aspects of my lil beardies life.

to begin with I’ve acquired a 6 month old beardie from my brother bc he wasn’t responsible enough at this time.

where can I buy starting packs for breeding dubia roaches myself?

Where can I buy bulk habitat carpet?
(should I bulk buy anything else to save money?)

what type of modeling clay or sealer is safe in a beardie tank (can handle heat, Non-porous, safe to eat on)?

what’s a normal weeks eating schedule look like? For 6m-adulthood

how do I reduce humidity?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions but pls help just want to provide my beardie with the best life
www.dubiaroaches.com -- they are a good source for colonies starting
dont know if you can buy reptile carpet in bulk
I would recommend getting textured slated ceramic tile cut to the size of the tank w/ a tile cutter or some NON adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store - both are easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50-50 solution -
will check on the modeling clay or safe sealer
your dragon needs insects 5 x per week dusted w/ calcium D 3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week fresh salads should be offered every day insects should only be dusted once per feeding if your feeding 2 or more times per day you want him eating salads ---
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
What is the humidity in the tank ? If its below 70% your good - normal humidity is from 30-50% - it will rise at nite if it goes over 70% you can get a dehumidifier
Now for the most important thing in the tank -- the UVB what are you using Brand and bulb coil or tube where in the tank is it ? NO coils they are inadequate!!!!!!!!!!! Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate - the basking temps and UVB are crucial to the over all health of the dragon

Latest posts