• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new light = newfound energy?

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So earlier I had a compact reptisun 5.0 but was told I needed a 10.0 and one that ran the length of the whole viv. So I did that and call me crazy but it seems as if my little Rex is more active than he was earlier! I mean he wasnt lethargic before but it seems now that he moves around a lot more, glass dances for me to take him out more, etc. Seems like he just has more vitality after I got that 24 inch repti sun 10.0 and mounted it inside his viv instead of sitting above the screen like the old 5.0 did. Does it really make that big of a difference in so short a time to upgrade his uvb? Btw a little announcement I found a great herp vet in my area and rex's first trip to see Dr Pope is tomorrow. :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep. Dragons thrive when they have the proper UV light. I remember when ours was always ready to be changed. Bernie would become more lethargic and have a bounce of energy when the replacement was put in.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah UVB makes then hyper . . .LOL

Had P out in the sun for 30 min a day, for 3 days, she was going nuts afterward (the first day already) just by 30 mins of natural UVB daily. ;D ;D

Ric

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I started taking Magma outside a couple of days ago. We were sitting on my bed yesterday when the sun was setting and a sun ray shone in the window. She was trying to scramble up the wall to get in the window. They really like the sun.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep. Kind of worship it in their own way. That's awesome you are getting your dragon some natural UV.

Latest posts