• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Here, & I'm Looking For A Lightweight Affordable Cage Alternative

Kiki

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am on the third floor, and I cannot carry a 55 gallon glass tank up to my room, so I would like to know, are there other lightweight cage alternatives that I can buy? Making one is not an option. I need something that can be purchased online, and have delivered to me. I recently came across a site called visioncages, but they seem a bit pricey and not that big for what you are paying for. Thank you.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
use a 40 gal instead of a fiddy five! dragons can get a little pissy at time and bounce off the walls of whatever they are in so it must be strong. the prices on those vision cages have been pretty consistant for a while, ive had good luck with them and any thing you have custom built will cost as much or more. a 40 gal reptile tank from the pet store is around 100 bucks unless you can get one from petco when they have their 1 dollar per gallon sale. i always wait for that then buy 4 at a time.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What is the weight of both?
I'm a girlie girl and if I have to I can carry a 40 breeder... If I have to! Course, I have asthma and would NOT appreciate carrying it up 3 flights of stairs. This is what my husband is for.... or a dolly that you can rent?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4.jpg

Shipping weight of an empty 55 Gal is approximately 60-65 lbs.

Kiki

Bearded Dragon Egg
A dolly would add weight. Besides my stair case is too narrow for all of that. Is there a lighter more acceptable habitat that is sturdy enough for a beardie not to throw down or get to wild?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not that I can think of ... If you can fit the stairway, a fridge\box truck & tank will.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
40 gal tanks are only like 18 inches deep and weigh 44 lbs. aint a stair in the world it wont fit in. i can carry one by myself but it is safer with two people. vision cages are the lightest i know of

Kiki

Bearded Dragon Egg
No I cannot fit a fridge on my staircase. I live in a house, and the stair case is not that wide. I might have to rethink about all of this. Thanks for all your responses. Have a good one.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol - I didn't mean a fridge, but the cart or dolly use to transport them with the tank on it would, if you fit ;). As Richard said "Ditto".

Latest posts