• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new gut loading product

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah i heard of jurassi just never used it or seen enough people bother trying it its that weird jungle label right with the green lettering?

cybercat

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Would it not be cheaper just to use greens like what your BD eats to help gut load your crickets? Not knowing what is in those manmade gutload products would make me warry of using them. It seems you already would have on hand things to help gutload crickets that are much safer and more nutrious. Do not make it more complicated than it needs to be.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Would it not be cheaper just to use greens like what your BD eats to help gut load your crickets? Not knowing what is in those manmade gutload products would make me warry of using them. It seems you already would have on hand things to help gutload crickets that are much safer and more nutrious. Do not make it more complicated than it needs to be.
i also thought like this and wokeup to cricket diarrhea covering my whole bin from the collards

cybercat

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, I am now keeping crickets. My set up is using the pine pellets for bedding and the greens I feed Helios with plus the dry BD food that came with his cage. The pine pellets are woking great. Really no smell from the crickets. The food is in a dish with some water in the bottom. Since the pellets break down to sawdust when they get wet and excrete from the crickets gets absorbed and dries fast. Hence the low to no smell factor. I see no reason to use artifical gut load. I have nice fat crickets. They were not so fat when I bought them but are now. They are molting also and I have only lost 3 to death. Helios seems to love them eating his fill each day along with his greens.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are many roads to the same destination. Differences often depend on personal preference & circumstance, but achieve similar ends.

Latest posts