• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
So I'm ordering a 4'x2'x2' enclosure and just have a couple of questions. Should I run 2 basking lights and, the 30" uvb that I have, should I mount it in the middle? I will have to upgrade the bulb to a 10.0 when I get the enclosure but the bulb itself is 22".

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I'm ordering a 4'x2'x2' enclosure and just have a couple of questions. Should I run 2 basking lights and, the 30" uvb that I have, should I mount it in the middle? I will have to upgrade the bulb to a 10.0 when I get the enclosure but the bulb itself is 22".
You need a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps it may take two but you need the probe to tell you I haved mine on top of screen w/ the 24" UVB inside the tank -- my basking spots are set up in two different areas - one hot and the UVB temps in the 90's -- here is a pic of the way it is set up

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I use one basking light, the 150 Watt ReptiBasking bulb and it gets the basking temp to 95-100 no issue.

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
So it wouldn't be overkill to have 2 basking bulbs then. I was thinking of having 1 hot spot and then 1 a little bit less intense for basking areas. I might change my mind later and just stick with 1, idk. I will have the uvb inside the enclosure just wanted to make sure that it would be ok to have in the middle but I guess ultimately it would have to be as close to the basking areas as possible. Sadie, is that a zen habitat? I'm stuck deciding between a zen habitat and the one that symptonbsf has.

Latest posts