• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
I just got the new enclosure for my girl two weeks ago from the local and privately owned reptile shop near me. Let me know what you guys think. I have the mvb lighting and got rid of those coiled bulbs. I’m using the coconut fiber substrate that was recommended, I have a prickly pear spine free cactus in there and the other one Is an echeveria succulent. She’s a little fatty lol she eats tons of roaches and has really taken a liking to the mustard greens for sure. I’m open to suggestions and any changes I should make. Thank you!

Attachments

• 43B87E60-E07F-4481-B65F-CA73CDB5A87B.jpeg
    43B87E60-E07F-4481-B65F-CA73CDB5A87B.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 600141C6-4A13-43FA-8E47-EE5C0678CF46.jpeg
    600141C6-4A13-43FA-8E47-EE5C0678CF46.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 5084B60E-CFA6-42D7-ADE7-216274E0F13E.jpeg
    5084B60E-CFA6-42D7-ADE7-216274E0F13E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • EA81D9FA-240E-47EE-8ED0-494B7BBCC2FB.jpeg
    EA81D9FA-240E-47EE-8ED0-494B7BBCC2FB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just got the new enclosure for my girl two weeks ago from the local and privately owned reptile shop near me. Let me know what you guys think. I have the mvb lighting and got rid of those coiled bulbs. I’m using the coconut fiber substrate that was recommended, I have a prickly pear spine free cactus in there and the other one Is an echeveria succulent. She’s a little fatty lol she eats tons of roaches and has really taken a liking to the mustard greens for sure. I’m open to suggestions and any changes I should make. Thank you!
The tank looks really nice but I do recommend getting rid of the coconut fiber ASAP-- the dust from the fiber will give a RI--- you dont want that--- coconut is not good for dragons -- if you had it mixed w/ something like some other substrate it would be ok but I would just get rid of it and go w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank --- loose substrate is hard to keep bacteria from growing --- the shelf liner is easy to clean w/ vinegar/water 50/50 --- also what MVB are you using what brand and the bulb wattage please

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What brand coco fiber do u have? Some have dust , some just have the fibers themselves, if u intend to keep ur substrate, please bowl feed and make shure ur vitamins and supplements are up to date so she doesn’t crave the substrate and eat it. And she is a fat little ravioli! So cute. :)

Attachments

• DFE41295-B79F-4F76-999D-380D0352D5BC.jpeg
    DFE41295-B79F-4F76-999D-380D0352D5BC.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 17

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
The tank looks really nice but I do recommend getting rid of the coconut fiber ASAP-- the dust from the fiber will give a RI--- you dont want that--- coconut is not good for dragons -- if you had it mixed w/ something like some other substrate it would be ok but I would just get rid of it and go w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank --- loose substrate is hard to keep bacteria from growing --- the shelf liner is easy to clean w/ vinegar/water 50/50 --- also what MVB are you using what brand and the bulb wattage please
Oh shoot ok thank you for that advice. The light is 125w do you get the waffle liner? Also does she seem to be getting too fat? Girlfriend sure does have a belly on her. Lol

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh shoot ok thank you for that advice. The light is 125w do you get the waffle liner? Also does she seem to be getting too fat? Girlfriend sure does have a belly on her. Lol
Whats the brand mvb, they can be fine as a uvb source, but they let out uvb in a concentration, and it doesn’t get through out the whole enclosure , i used mvb for about a year while my girl grew, then I switched when she reached a year old and was mostly fully grown.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And for a baby its okay if they’re too fat (they’re using up those extra calories to grow) , you dont want them to look “bloated” tho.

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
What brand coco fiber do u have? Some have dust , some just have the fibers themselves, if u intend to keep ur substrate, please bowl feed and make shure ur vitamins and supplements are up to date so she doesn’t crave the substrate and eat it. And she is a fat little ravioli! So cute. :)
Hey! I’m not sure of the brand I have. I’ll call the shop I got it from and see what brand it is. I do have her roaches In a feeder bowl and I have her greens In another bowl. Omg your beardie is adorbs too! Thank you, her full belly is adorable lol

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
And for a baby its okay if they’re too fat (they’re using up those extra calories to grow) , you dont want them to look “bloated” tho.
Oh good ok. I don’t think she looks bloated just really full sometimes lol she’s pooping great and even confines it to one corner of her cage. She’s really clean. It’s almost like she could be litter trained In a way because of the spot she only poops in. It’s amazing to me because I had no idea they recognized like a bathroom spot.

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
Whats the brand mvb, they can be fine as a uvb source, but they let out uvb in a concentration, and it doesn’t get through out the whole enclosure , i used mvb for about a year while my girl grew, then I switched when she reached a year old and was mostly fully grown.
I think it’s the My Comfy Pet one. Which light did you end up switching to?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats what i was using that’s funny, I believe those brands are okay , i used 2-3 before I switched, my beardy had vibrant color and was raised healthy, but I ended up switching to a 24” t5 10.0 long tubular, brand “reptisun”

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
Thats what i was using that’s funny, I believe those brands are okay , i used 2-3 before I switched, my beardy had vibrant color and was raised healthy, but I ended up switching to a 24” t5 10.0 long tubular, brand “reptisun”
Wait did you have 2-3 bulbs going at once or did you go through that many bulbs before switching? My girl has a vibrant burnt orange color right now, minus her dull tale which I believe may be shedding again.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
she was about a year an 3 months before I changed out her lighting, only one bulb, I change them out before their recommended time.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pretty sure it’s the My Comfy Pet brand
Those are not a good brand if your going to stay w/a MVB I recommend a Power Sun or a Mega Ray-- along w/ a 24" fixture Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia -- alot of times you end up sacrificing height of bulb for basking and end up w/ not enough UVB --- its just easier to switch to are regular bright white basking bulb and the T 5 long tube UVB

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Infact thats whats in my tokay geckos enclosure right now.

Attachments

• 902BECD9-F681-43A4-8045-23844BC0080E.jpeg
    902BECD9-F681-43A4-8045-23844BC0080E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
With a larger enclosure U probably want a longer uvb, u can still keep the mvb in place if u so wish, I wouldn’t throw it out, they’re expensive.

Momofadragon

Hatchling Dragon
Those are not a good brand if your going to stay w/a MVB I recommend a Power Sun or a Mega Ray-- along w/ a 24" fixture Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia -- alot of times you end up sacrificing height of bulb for basking and end up w/ not enough UVB --- its just easier to switch to are regular bright white basking bulb and the T 5 long tube UVB
Ok, got it. So I can totally ditch the mvb once I get that t5 bulb?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh wow! He’s super cool looking! Yea I will definitely grab that longer bulb for sure. I won’t need the mvb if I have the longer bulb?
You will a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for adult/ juvie

Latest posts