• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Enclosure!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
6f730a5e2dc9388bccda1b53e4463fcb.jpg

Here is Sosa's new enclosure! It's 17 inches tall 18 inches wide and 48 inches long. I believe it's a 40 gallon (maybe more). I would like some feedback if you guys have any and also any ideas to add. He seems pretty satisfied so far! I am going to be looking into getting a backdrop so that he doesn't become scared from his reflection and feels a bit more protected. Thank you for any help!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
And yes the lighting is wrong, my hood lamp isn't working and I will be purchasing a new one in the morning :) luckily it's Sosa's nap time.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Where's the beardie! J/K :) Get him some stuff to climb on branches, bendy vines, bridges, anything. He needs to get up high so that he can be close to the heat and the UVB. Here's some ideas of how we did Dexter's tank when she was a baby. She loved the vines!
IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Lol he's a little fella! Oh looks good! Where can I get a good back drop?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was about to say he needs some more decorations and climbing items :) Love it!! I agree with patsyb needs to get up to those lights.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Lol he's a little fella! Oh looks good! Where can I get a good back drop?
These are pictures from when we got her 3 years ago! I got a little sentimental when I saw the tiny girl :( The backdrop actually came with the tank. It was a pain in the butt because the crickets were always getting behind it. She actually used to climb it!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I meant mine is a little fella :) lol. Wow I'll have to look into finding a nice back drop. Can the hammock stick to the backdrop?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! Yes your's is a little one :) No the hammock can't stick to the back drop.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They make hammocks that are on stands for people that have back grounds and can't attach one to the wall.

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Okay, I think I will wait and see if not having a background will bother him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can even just get a paper background that just attaches to the outside of the tank. Then you can still hang the hammock.

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
If it's on the outside of the tank doesn't that still allow him to get frightened by reflection?

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I'm thinking about just cutting a circle in whatever I use for the suction cups

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the back ground on the outside and yea there is some reflection but my Izzy doesn't seem to care but then again I have a female... I guess try some and see.. That way you can move his stuff around to change things up and not have all these holes in the back ground :) Or you can use the 3M stick on hooks that you can remove by pulling down on the piece sticking out.. I use them for Izzy's hammock

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
007a931787133ff481b4c831bc57373c.jpg

Added the rock bridge thing so he can get closer to the light and got my new hood for the UV!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I'll be attempting to put the hood on the inside of the tank with command strips and I don't even know what else

Latest posts