• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure, which uvb

LessIsMoreMomma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all. I'm in the works of building my girls new enclosure. It 4x2x2, wood enclosure with glass door front. In her previous cage we have 22" reptisun t5 5.0. With this new one, should I purchase another of the same to install across the middle of top of cage? Or should I purchase a 36" and have it up? I'm not sure which would be better and provide enough of what's needed. Nor should it be in the middle, or the back, or one in front and one in back (as far as installation on ceiling of enclosure)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all. I'm in the works of building my girls new enclosure. It 4x2x2, wood enclosure with glass door front. In her previous cage we have 22" reptisun t5 5.0. With this new one, should I purchase another of the same to install across the middle of top of cage? Or should I purchase a 36" and have it up? I'm not sure which would be better and provide enough of what's needed. Nor should it be in the middle, or the back, or one in front and one in back (as far as installation on ceiling of enclosure)
You can use the 22" fixture but I would upgrade to a 24" in -- I use a 24" in both of my Zen Habitats and they work fine -- you will need to go to a 10.0 bulb not the 5.0 ---- it needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- I am going to post a pic of my tank for reference and you go from there -- you can use a 36" if you want but you dont want her hiding from the UVB rays she needs to be able to sit in her tank w/ out hiding from the UVB rays -- so its up to you -- that 36" will be kinda harder to hang in the tank so just fyi-- so my tanks are set up like this I have one 100 watt lamp used for summer and one 75 watt on the left back side over the log for the hot side the log gives gradient heat and on the floor it reads in the 90's for winter a 150 watt is used and depending on the temps the 75 watt is used on and off -- in the middle of the tank is the second basking spot w/a 75 watt sitting behind the UVB temps read 90's on the rock -- I use 3 different temp gauges one stick on for ambient and 2 digitals and one IR gun - the IR is used for spot checks -- if you have any more questions please ask -- hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 12