• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure help

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
I have my new enclosure set up and am working on getting the lighting set up. I can not seem to get my basking spot high enough to the light that I have on top of the cage. He needs to be 6 to 8 inches from light and can not find what to get him that high in the 4x2x2. Right now I have a 100watt bulb my thermometers and hydrometers are on order feom amazon. Working on getting uvb in tank as well. Would you suggest going vertical front to bqck on hot end with uvb or horizontal from side to side.

Attachments

• 17136507972808158780438379417926.jpg
    17136507972808158780438379417926.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have my new enclosure set up and am working on getting the lighting set up. I can not seem to get my basking spot high enough to the light that I have on top of the cage. He needs to be 6 to 8 inches from light and can not find what to get him that high in the 4x2x2. Right now I have a 100watt bulb my thermometers and hydrometers are on order feom amazon. Working on getting uvb in tank as well. Would you suggest going vertical front to bqck on hot end with uvb or horizontal from side to side.
Either way works for you and the dragon -distance should be 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor for a T 5- what light are you talking about 6-8 inches - basking bulbs need to be no closer than 6 inches and be able to keep temps 95-100 for a adult dragon and that temp needs to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - I recommend getting the tank off the floor too cold and drafty -- dressers w/ drawers work good and you can find them at second hand shops - I got one for Blaze for $40 it has all his extra bulbs vitamins and supplies for him in those drawers

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
Either way works for you and the dragon -distance should be 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor for a T 5- what light are you talking about 6-8 inches - basking bulbs need to be no closer than 6 inches and be able to keep temps 95-100 for a adult dragon and that temp needs to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - I recommend getting the tank off the floor too cold and drafty -- dressers w/ drawers work good and you can find them at second hand shops - I got one for Blaze for $40 it has all his extra bulbs vitamins and supplies for him in those drawers
Ok i was thinking he needed to be closer to the basking bulb. Still havent got temp up to basking temp yet..
Should the uvb go vertical or horizontal?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok i was thinking he needed to be closer to the basking bulb. Still havent got temp up to basking temp yet..
Should the uvb go vertical or horizontal?
It can go either way - as close to the basking bulb as possible - as long as the dragon can get directly under the UVB 12-15 inches for a T 5 - and that would be inside the tank --- if your screen is a wide hole 8-10 inches type example
1713656430082.png

Latest posts