• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry to hear about your little one ...
smiley-sad.jpg

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
thanks Germ ive got the tank wash and the temp is right now does any one know a good breeder that sells dragon i am thinking of going that route this time
i have some small pinheads crickets still and jessie will not eat them he will turn his head at them and walk away lol he like the big ones it funny to see him do that

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
My sincerest condolences. You did your best, and I commend you for that.

Maybe the place you got him from has a guaranty. I know PetCo gives you 30 days; if it dies, they give you another one or a refund. I would suggest you get the refund and get the next one from another source, since we don't know what happened, or why he died, you don't want to get another sick one.

Yes, I agree with Mungi's Buddha, get another one and give him the same tender loving care you gave the little one and you are giving Jessie.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Called the placed where I got him and said they only had 7 day guarantee. And it has been 10 days. They some nice looking ones right now where I got Jessie I may get one there. The tank is cleaned and set up and has the right temp. So I'm just waiting for some money I get paid tomorrow.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Well my temp is staying at 108.0 basking and is around 77.0 to 79.0 is that good. They had sale on bearded dragon today they was only 29.00. I picked one up since my temps are good there was two left and I picked out the one that was following me. So wish me luck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346879921174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346879921174.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346879945040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346879945040.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 35

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Ohhh, you picked a very pretty one, beautiful. Good thing you got there on time to find two, at that price I wouldn't think they'd last long at all. In fact, at that price, I probably would have taken both.

The best of luck with him/her, and have a lot of fun.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yea he was acting just like Jessie when I got him trying out to get to me and the ran and hid from me. I will get better pic later let him get settle in he already eat two crickets
Names I'm thinking is rascal for a boy and scarlet for a girl

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Well my temp are good basking is 109.0-111.0 and a 40 watt light on the cool side to get it up to 81 that good right here a pic of viv. 111.0 isn't to high is it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346883056432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346883056432.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new lil dragon and a fine one he is indeed!
Since he is so small you may want to see if you can get your temps up just a hair more to Basking Spot 110 degrees and Cool side 80-85...should be as simple as raising your basking spot up an inch or two...the basking spot would be my priority.
Congrats again...Very Exciting and I am happy for you!

Edit...you beat me to it! Good going on getting those temps up;)

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
111 degrees is fine cause the temp will fluctuate a degree or to during the day...I think you are right where they need to be...enclosure looks good and I think the lil will enjoy it!

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thank you. I weighed him when I got him home. 2g I didn't get his length I didn't want to stress him/ her out. Do you think I need to soak him/her or wait for the ten days
Check on temps and basking 110.6 cool side is 82.0 so it going from a 109.0 - 111.6 yay

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
me personally I would probly wait a few days before giving him a bath..for sure not tonight..lol..its been a big day for him already...Germ would be the one to tell you for sure on one that small;)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Oh yea your right at least this place I got this one had water in tank which I know that you shouldn't but being that it was a petstore you know they are not going to take them out for a soak. The other little one didn't have any water in their tank
I feel good about this one

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He does look brite and alert..nice colouring too...and the really good thing this time.around is that you had everything all set up just right to begin with when you brought him home so its lots less stressful for both of you...I have a good feeling about this one too...be sure to ask Germ about the bath thing;)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
:) i will his light just went out so i will have to wait well i will be giving jessie a bath in the morning thought will keep this one on the same scedule of when his 10 to 14 days to adjust to his surrounding

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a cutie! Don't you just love babies? It's so hard to believe when they're hatched, they're small. :) Good luck with the new beardie. He's a good pick.

I paid 20 for mine from a lady who couldn't afford to feed and care for her properly. I took over and Allie's thriving wonderfully. I worry about the old owner finding about how good she looks, she'll want her back and demand her money back.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yes I do. He was up and ready for the day this morning I think he/she is so much more active than the other little one

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
What a cutie! Don't you just love babies? It's so hard to believe when they're hatched, they're small. :) Good luck with the new beardie. He's a good pick.

I paid 20 for mine from a lady who couldn't afford to feed and care for her properly. I took over and Allie's thriving wonderfully. I worry about the old owner finding about how good she looks, she'll want her back and demand her money back.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Take care of her

Latest posts