• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon!

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
o1szn.jpg

14mrq5y.jpg

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
in my opinion the dragon cud have some more weight 2 it, but i've also seen much worse! u can always use newspaper as a substrate as well. give the dragon a week or 2, 2 get use 2 his new home. if i were u, i wud ask germ regarding getting ur new dragon up 2 par. he is a moderator on this forum & has very good advice!!!

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
The side the heat lamp is on is only 80 degrees. I dont know if it needs to warm up or what but Im nervous its just a flourescent

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
it probably needs some time 2 warm up. give it a full hour & than check it. if it doesn't reach atleast 100, u will have 2 get a higher wattage light

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The side the heat lamp is on is only 80 degrees. I dont know if it needs to warm up or what but Im nervous its just a flourescent
a flourescent bulb does not emmit much heat at all, what u need is like a 100watt house bulb or go for a halogen bulb(its a flood light bulb) thats like 75watts

temps need to be at least 100 on the hot side. im sorry to hear your BD was so misstreated. i hope your able to get him healthy.

im sure live food will be a magical thing to this BD, never having it and all.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Now I have a question. The person gave me 3 lamps. Two appear to be UVB (blue lights?) and one is a regular looking bulb but its very hot to touch. Is that the heat lamp? it doesnt say anything on the bulb like the UVB does.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like none of them are UVB bulbs. UVB bulbs are Fluorescents, white in color. Come in Tube or compact.

This is what you are looking for.

zoo_med_reptisun10_compact.jpg
or
reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.jpg

or
p-73522-56378-reptile.jpg
or
p-77518-60237-reptile.jpg

Should get on that ASAP

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Nope definitely have 2 UVB. They say so on the bulb itself. I have a repti-glow 10.0 and I forgot the name of the other but its a long bulb. Hes also sitting directly under those bulbs. I have branches in the tank that lead to the top and hes sitting at the very top trying to get some UVB and the tank is still 80degrees. Im not sure what to do, can he last til tommorow?

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Just went to the petstore and brought the bulb with me. Turns out it was only 50W so I bought a 150W so the temps should get higher now!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The 'Blue' color is what made me question. The UVB bulbs should be replaced with new ones anyway, regardless. You have no idea how old they are, even though they shed light, they may not be emitting sufficient UVB anymore. UVB strength dissipates as the bulbs age & have to be replaced regularly. Because this is an integral part of their health & well being, they should be replaced asap.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can generally tell if a Fluorescent has been used for any amount of time by looking at the ends of the tubes closest to the sockets. If they are greying, it has been previously been used. If not -
icon_thumright-1.gif

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
The temps in the tank are 95 degrees now on the hot side, and 80 on the cool. Night time temps at 75 degrees. I fed him 10 superworms and he devoured them. Tommorow I will try greens and fruit.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The temps in the tank are 95 degrees now on the hot side, and 80 on the cool. Night time temps at 75 degrees. I fed him 10 superworms and he devoured them. Tommorow I will try greens and fruit.
It would still be awesome if you could get the temps on the basking spot bumped up 5 or 10 degrees.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have a full screen on your enclosure? If so, a temp gun will not do you much good for accurate temps.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think I did =] Temp gun is being delivered by wednesday
Glad you got the temps bumped up! Germ's right though, much to my chagrin after buying a temp gun I realized that it wasn't getting accurate temps in my enclosures that had full screen top lids.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Well actually to my luck there is a plugged hole in the side of the tank and I can remove the plug and measure that way. Think that would work?

Latest posts