• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon owner questions

Hargett's Live Crickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
A couple of months ago I purchased two bearded dragons. 1 Male (Toni) and 1 female (Ziva) I was told they were 6 months old. Well they mated and I have 22 fertile eggs in an incubator. I don't think that is possible if they are now at 9 mos old correct? I thought they had to be almost 2 years to mate and have viable eggs? How often can they mate and have eggs ? I want my female to be healthy and happy.
Other question my male doesn't hardly eat. He ate 2 large roaches and a couple mouth full of greens in three days doesn't seem like enough. Most of the time he just rests. I have both in the same container it is 48 x 24 x 24. I also have a Carolina custom cage reptile 34" T5 HO UVB + Double gu10 basking light. There are 2 75W GU10 halogen Basking bulbs. Also there is a Zoo med Reptisun 10.0 T5-H0 Uvb 39w florescent 34" bulb. They are always nodding to one another they get along very well. Am I doing anything wrong? Ziva eats well. I'm worried about Toni is it because he is in semi brumation? New owner. I raise all my own crickets, dubia roaches, mealworms and super worms as I also sell them. There is no shortage of food. I'm not sure how to post a photo or I would.
Thank you Linda

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, New Owner here. I have the Herptivite Multivitamins and was wondering how much to use for my Zach, and how often? The other one I have is Rep Cal Phosphorus-free Calcium with VIT.D3, when and how much on that one also? Zach is 5 moths old and is a Leatherback Dunner. Thankyou very much in advance . Tom.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou very much for the quick reply kaylynangel. I also feed dubias to Zach. For the Vitamins do I also dust the dubias with that to 2 times a week.? Also how much do I sprinkle in the small bag or dish?

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou very much again. I will be going to my local Pet store that has been in business for over 25 years and also has Bearded Dragons that they own and raise, so I should be in Great shape. I will keep you posted.

MeganLI

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm fairly new to reptiles in general and I just purchased a beardie about a week ago. I was told he's about a year old, eats great, and is an all around good lizard. I've been trying my best to bond with him: talking, hand feeding, I've even got him a new tank with doors that open in the front instead of above so I'm not scaring him. I've held him probably about three times and he's either tensed up and looks annoyed or tries to run away and scratches up my arms. I've been feeling at a loss because I want him to like me and I've read almost everything with bonding but I could really use the help.

Papa Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thankyou very much again. I will be going to my local Pet store that has been in business for over 25 years and also has Bearded Dragons that they own and raise, so I should be in Great shape. I will keep you posted.

Where do you get your powder from if I may ask? I feed my Dragon dubias also but haven't used the powder yet although I need to. Thanks!

Latest posts