• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new dragon friend for my rex

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
bought a female dragon today,to go with my male rex,we have called her roxy,she is a lovley yellow,
rex is well taken with her,i will try and put some pics on
she is 3/4 months old and rex is 10 months
anne

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Are they in separate enclosures? They should not be housed together.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:eek: :mad:+1 for lexi, i think its best you read up on the link given by lexi and look at the complications that are very likley to happen housing the 2 together

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a sad truth that bearded dragons are not social creatures. Housing them together can cause fatal damage to one. One will dominate over the other, which can lead to attacks, lack of food, and lack of basking rights.

Can I ask why you bought a female for your male? Was the female an intentional choice?

She is definitely too young to be around a male. If your male gets her pregnant, it could be horrific for her. I'll let the breeders on the site explain more about the proper age for breeding.

Don't mean to alarm you here, but housing beardies together is just not a good idea.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
busybees said:
sorry meant she was 13/14 months but missed the 1 out lol

As far as housing together, age doesn't matter. Beardies are not social creatures and are extremely territorial. As far as breeding, she is probably still too young. Here is an article contributed by one of our breeders (crypticdragons/Brian).
Breeding Bearded Dragons

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
busybees said:
am grtting seprate viv sorted ,should be ready in a few hours

That's awesome :) It's a pain, I know, to have lighting and separate enclosures for each beardie (I have 3, plus other pets) but you will be glad you did! Your beardies will be happier and healthier for it ;)

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ty for all your replies,i was told it was ok to keep them in the same viv,but you live and learn

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are welcome. That is why we are here. It is unfortunate how much bad info is out there. That is why my husband and I created our site. We were in the same boat as you - bad advice given on caring for these little guys. As we researched and read up on proper care, we found conflicting info out there. We weeded out the bad stuff and kept the good stuff on our main site.

Thank you for taking our advice! Your beardies will thank you too. :D

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
im sorry if i sounded a bit harsh before didnt realise she was older i thought she was 3 months old lol, best to keep them seperated as said by renee as beardies are loners and only tend to meet up to breed, where did you get your info from bout keeping them together if you dont mind me askin? are you planning on breeding in the future if so there are alot of factors to look into im sure one of our resident breeders will fill you in if you are we all live and learn the day we stop learning will be the day we die lol im just glad we all were able to help you before you had any probs with your beardies still please post pics of her as they are a must lol and what you called her
paul

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi my male is called rex and my female is roxy,i got her from a reptile shop and they said it was ok to keep them in the same viv,when i can work out how to put pics on i wll,many thanks
anne

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
to post pics youll need a photobucket account or similar youll need to upload them to there then copy and paste the link for forums.
be careful when accepting advice off pet stores as alot of them just want a sale even though they may be causing harm to peoples pets, we all have had the same prob at one time or another so lesson learned lol not to worry we are just glad to be of assistance to you if you have any probs with photos theres a link in photo section to explain all
paul

Latest posts