• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New breeder- red x red= black

JBW Exotics

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
This will be my first year breeding beardies. I have a "red" one that is @ 2 y/o. I know for sure that both its parents were red, but this one is almost black. Has anyone had this happen before?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you know the background of the parents? They could be from a darker line. Is this the only one that came out this way? Is if just much thicker sidebars/striping of is his entire body extremely dark? can we see pics of the parents and the offspring.

I have had some random colors pop out of pairings before so its not unheard of.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would be interested in seeing pictures as well. I know there are some dragons with spots of black on them randomly but then have a whole different body color everywhere else.

JBW Exotics

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, I dont have pics of her parents. My comp was stolen which had all my records as well as business contacts. I will put some pics up when I figure it out. How do you get pics to show in the post itself? Also if any of you dealers/ breeders have a wholesale pricelist please send me one at [email protected]

Latest posts