• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardy owner

TheLongfellows

Hatchling Dragon
That is sooo freaking sad.
You should go buy him!
My PetSmart gives the veggies & then toss in 3 crickets in a tank of 4 beardie baby's. It's so mean esp when they have an entire bin they sell to three public. They were out for over a week

I saw this yesterday & it says NO collared greens & kale infrequently.
My stores only sell those so today I bought the "veggies" from the pet store. I don't know what else to feed when my stores don't sell anything but the wrong stuff.
I'm gonna do more research just to be sure but they say those foods block calcium absorption. Maybe someone on here with experience will chime in (hint-hint)
I feed my dragons those greens all the time. Kale has some high oxolates so i only do that a couple times a week but the collard greens you can do everyday if you wanted. Good greens are collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens (one of our favorites), kale here and there, cilantro here and there, green beans here and there. Heres a great guide for you to check out

CarbonFiberSwan

Hatchling Dragon
You should go buy him!
My PetSmart gives the veggies & then toss in 3 crickets in a tank of 4 beardie baby's. It's so mean esp when they have an entire bin they sell to three public. They were out for over a week

My stores only sell those so today I bought the "veggies" from the pet store. I don't know what else to feed when my stores don't sell anything but the wrong stuff.
I'm gonna do more research just to be sure but they say those foods block calcium absorption. Maybe someone on here with experience will chime in (hint-hint)
I have such a small apartment I wouldn’t have room to house another one, unfortunately. Finances would also be an issue. Hopefully someone adopts him soon!

I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos about dragon care, and I’ve seen a few reputable reptile keepers saying they feed collard greens to their Beardies. They also say kale is a calcium binder, and its better to just avoid it. I continue to research daily. At some point I suppose I will feel confident in my ability to care for him, but I’m still new.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So much conflicting info out there. lol I've seen on several sites that collard greens are approved, kale is ok as long as it's not an every day staple . . . same with cabbage. Others say kale is fine. I do know that one of Dex's favorites is collard greens and is a base staple in his rotation of veges. He has never had any issues from eating the collard greens. Kale I do limit, but do give him some in his rotation. Same with cabbage. I do give him some. I've also seen on some sites that mustard greens should not be given as a primary staple, but only every once in a while, other sites say it's on the approved list. Again, Dex gets mustard greens in his rotation as a base staple. I don't know if it's because of his rotation or if some greens are not as bad as some say, but he has never been impacted, poos on a regular schedule, and aside from his parasite issue a while back from crickets he hasn't had any food related issues.
You should go buy him!

ch

CarbonFiberSwan

Hatchling Dragon
So much conflicting info out there. lol I've seen on several sites that collard greens are approved, kale is ok as long as it's not an every day staple . . . same with cabbage. Others say kale is fine. I do know that one of Dex's favorites is collard greens and is a base staple in his rotation of veges. He has never had any issues from eating the collard greens. Kale I do limit, but do give him some in his rotation. Same with cabbage. I do give him some. I've also seen on some sites that mustard greens should not be given as a primary staple, but only every once in a while, other sites say it's on the approved list. Again, Dex gets mustard greens in his rotation as a base staple. I don't know if it's because of his rotation or if some greens are not as bad as some say, but he has never been impacted, poos on a regular schedule, and aside from his parasite issue a while back from crickets he hasn't had any food related issues.

ch
I haven’t read anywhere that Cale or cabbage will cause impaction. I think overall health is the concern with feeding too often since they are calcium binders. My guy likes kale, but he has started eating collards now.

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
I feed my dragons those greens all the time. Kale has some high oxolates so i only do that a couple times a week but the collard greens you can do everyday if you wanted. Good greens are collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens (one of our favorites), kale here and there, cilantro here and there, green beans here and there. Heres a great guide for you to check out

Wow-Thank you so much!

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
This list has bran-wheat (substrate) wondering if that includes pheonixworms that are eating this? I've found someone w/the worms but he breeds/feeds & ships in that substrate?

Latest posts