• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardy help

Shenron

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I'm sorry if I'm re hashing questions I have had Shenron for about a week and a half now he seems to have taken to me very well but I wanted to ask a few things he doesnt like greens much will eat locust every day if I gave them to him he dont like pooing in his house he always scratches to come out and will pop on a t-shirt or I'll put him in the bath to wash it away is tha normal plus I will put a few picks up as I am worried about the yellow in his face I'm hoping it is just his colour but like to make sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942.9 KB · Views: 45

Apollo10

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Don't worry , I have three dragons . One leaves his poop right infront of the cage as if to say "come clean up my mess" and the other 2 does the same as yours. Just give him his veggies everyday and experiment with different veggies until you get the right combination! Remember there are some veggies that aren't good for beardies like spinach! But a quick search on the web will show you wich are good and wich are not. Here is a link http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon-diet.php, and for the yellow on his face don't worry it is just normal color that appear on dragons. Like mine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436285641.024309.jpg
but if I may add what a fine looking dragon you have got there!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks to me like the yellow colouring on his face is just him - it's normal. Some beardies dont care for veggies much. After about 6 months of age, they should be fed them regularly. My male will eat them every other day. my female will eat them when she feels like it. beardeddragons.org has a great list of what veggies can be offered. neither of mine like to poop in their vivs - i wouldnt want to poop in my home either if it smelled like theirs smells!! i have an outside enclosure for them - i take them out when its sunny and warm. they will poo in there. or in the bath. neither of them poo often - maybe once a week. i learned the hard way that if they havent pooped in a week - give them a nice warm soak before holding them on my lap. - my girl will actually try to get away from me if she has to poo - she taught me that!

Shenron

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ah thank you very much I'm getting the greens down he is a little picky but I vary it a lot for him loves his mango treats and butternut squash with spring greens I use as his staple at the moment.
Just one more on coloration I've seen him go very dark once on his first day now occasionally he gets a patchy darkness I've read the viv may be to cold but it is running at 36 warm end 41 in the basking spot and was 26 at the cool end which I thought may be to hot? Thank you for all your help guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 39

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You could pop the basking spot up a bit. The cool end may indeed be a bit warm. dont worry too much about dark spots. my girl gets very dark all over when she's sleeping. the minute i pick her up and hold her for a bit, she lightens up. if you've only had him for a week - it can take them a couple of weeks to get used to new surroundings and folks

ajam1212

Bearded Dragon Egg
One of my boys is the same hates his greens.
In summer though he loves going in the garden & eating dandelion leaves. He also likes to poo in the garden.Which is amusing in winter here in the UK. Out poos then straight back indoors. My other poos in the Viv then practically trashes his Viv to get out until it's removed. (Like hes offended by his own mess).I always offer fresh greens but usually to no avail. I don't worry to much as the live food is always well gut loaded with fresh greens.The green hater always been the same and he's 7 now & still as mad as a March hare and in fine health as you can see from the picture.keep up the good work.

Attachments

• 20150206_104027.jpg
    20150206_104027.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 28

Shenron

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all hope your well just thought I'd update you all have had shenron for a few months now he is amazing have found lots of greens and veg that he likes spring greens and kale he loves prickly pear and figs and loves to come out of his tank to sleep on me just finishing his first shed with us and he would still come out to sleep on me some nights [emoji4]

Latest posts