• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie

Cclewis1966

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I’ve had this female beardie for a week(I’ve owned beardies in the past). This girl is a lunatic. She wants to eat ALL OF THE TIME. I haven’t experienced anything like this with my previous beardies. When I got to turn on/off light she tries to eat through the glass. Also when I turn on heat lamp at night. She even tried to eat the dish. In my opinion she eats copious amounts of food. I’m not sure what’s going on with her. I don’t know what conditions she came from but she appears very healthy and hyper alert. Even after feeding she acts like she’s starving. For example, she had 20 wax worms yesterday a tablespoon of chopped berries, a pile of mixed greens, and some banana. She still wants more. Please help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I’ve had this female beardie for a week(I’ve owned beardies in the past). This girl is a lunatic. She wants to eat ALL OF THE TIME. I haven’t experienced anything like this with my previous beardies. When I got to turn on/off light she tries to eat through the glass. Also when I turn on heat lamp at night. She even tried to eat the dish. In my opinion she eats copious amounts of food. I’m not sure what’s going on with her. I don’t know what conditions she came from but she appears very healthy and hyper alert. Even after feeding she acts like she’s starving. For example, she had 20 wax worms yesterday a tablespoon of chopped berries, a pile of mixed greens, and some banana. She still wants more. Please help.
Ok behavior issues are usually related to lighting in the tank ---- so lets go over what your using--- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb - NO colored NO daytime bulbs --- next you want two digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps - 95-100-- IR guns are good but cannot read off of certain basking materials- some throw them off- next you want a long tube fixture for a UVB NO coils they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues -- we will start there

Cclewis1966

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok behavior issues are usually related to lighting in the tank ---- so lets go over what your using--- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb - NO colored NO daytime bulbs --- next you want two digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps - 95-100-- IR guns are good but cannot read off of certain basking materials- some throw them off- next you want a long tube fixture for a UVB NO coils they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues -- we will start there
Yes I have the proper basking light. She did not have a heat source at night before I got her. I’m using the 100w infrared heat projector at night. During th day(she came with) 100 watt zoomed basking spot. No signs of parasites. Please let me know what lighting/heating I should get. I’ve never experienced this before. She is some kinda morph. White

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I have the proper basking light. She did not have a heat source at night before I got her. I’m using the 100w infrared heat projector at night. During th day(she came with) 100 watt zoomed basking spot. No signs of parasites. Please let me know what lighting/heating I should get. I’ve never experienced this before. She is some kinda morph. White
What kind of UVB ? Is it a coil or a long tube fixture ? There should be no heat in the tank if the tank is 65-75 ambient at night--- she needs the cool temps to metabolize her system for sleep - if she is sick then we would recommend getting a ceramic heat emitter or / your temps at night are falling below 65 -- right now we need to get the UVB up to par - are you getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? The heat projector at night should only be used as state above you dont want temps at night over 75- she wont be able to settle down --

Latest posts