• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie soon.

kermy1979

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little beardie (Blinkie) will be coming home in the next day or soon hopfully. I have the viv and all the trimmings i need to make him at home, im just wondering do i need to do anything special to help with his aclimatisation. Will post pics when hes home and comfy xx

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My little beardie (Blinkie) will be coming home in the next day or soon hopfully. I have the viv and all the trimmings i need to make him at home, im just wondering do i need to do anything special to help with his aclimatisation. Will post pics when hes home and comfy xx
It helps if you don't handle them too often in at least the first week, then slowly introduce yourself to Blinkie to get him used to being handled by you. Don't pick him up from above, this might startle him as most predators pick them up from above. Carefully pick them up from underneath when you do handle them, make sure you give them plenty of support so they don't scramble and claw looking for purchase.

kermy1979

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the info. Hes pretty used to me already. Hes one of my step mums hatchlings. I visit and feed him everyday. I just wondered will that bond continue with his new enviroment. will things change with him??

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the info. Hes pretty used to me already. Hes one of my step mums hatchlings. I visit and feed him everyday. I just wondered will that bond continue with his new enviroment. will things change with him??
I don't think so... but I've never raised any from hatchlings so I don't know.

Latest posts