• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner

LizziesOwner30

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all Im kirsty i am a new beardie owner i have just brought a 2yr old female beardie from a mate of mine and need any advice and general tips as im a first timer lol
0_1.jpg

this is my 2 yr old female beardie Lizzie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and congrats on your new addition. Monique gave you a couple of links with great information. Let us know if you have any questions on them

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi there, and Welcome.
You will not go wrong with asking questions here.
Enjoy your time with us.

LizziesOwner30

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ive been doing alot of reading on beardies and what i cant understand is why they dont all say the same!!!! bout it all feeding habitats heating and lighting all i have in mine is a basking light and she is doing fine and has done for 2 yrs as brought her of my mate. but any tips and advice will be much appreciated. :D ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will want a uvb of some sort... If in the USA... ReptiSun 10.0. In the UK... Arcadia 12%... in Aus... the NEC t-10 Blacklight..

Hope this helps.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ill definately second the need for a UV light that spans the viv top. Not the coil/bulb type

No UV can and will eventually cause MBD

The ONLY way to get around it is to take your beardie outside for natural sunlight EVERY day. And the type of calcium supplementation varies with natural vs artificial UV.

And how are your temps?
What do you measure them with?
Temps are essential for metabolic functions / digestion.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OH OK good. What type UV are you using?
And how are the Hot/basking temps as well as cool side?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to the forum. Ask away, that is why we are here. Feel free to create a new topic under one of our Bearded Dragon Care boards and everyone will be glad to put your mind at ease.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard, Kirsty! Your name is very similar to that of one of my daughters. Her's is Kirsten.

Hope you enjoy your time, here!

Latest posts