• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie momma

TKG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone. My name is Tania and my husband and I adopted a now 1 year old Bearded Dragon named Chloe. The previous owner didn't take the best care of her and she pretty much lived on a few crickets every other day for the first 8 months of her life. She's pretty tiny and is SUCH a picky eater! Her staple proteins are crickets and dubia roaches, both of which she loves, and an occasional wax worm or two. As far as veggies go... she is so stubborn! I have a large variety of greens and veggies that i offer and she doesn't touch them. All she ever wants is live prey which will then constipate her cause she isn't getting any of the fiber from the greens. Anyway, thats the story for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Make sure she is hydrated. In her bath you can drip water on her nose and let it run down into her mouth. Sometimes they will lick it off. Also, run your fingers through the water and that might get her to just put her head down and drink. Getting her hydrated will help with getting the poop out regularly. Since she is so small and she wasn't feed much live food, I wouldn't worry about her appetite for them right now. Keep feeding as much as she wants. Sometimes you can trick her to eat her salad by putting some worms in the lettuce. The movement sometimes gets them to "accidentally" eat some greens.

I have a 2 year old that still isn't interested in greens no matter what I give her. So I will feed her bugs her salad or I will put a worm on a piece of green and she will eat them both!

Reactions: TKG

Latest posts