• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Bearded Dragon owner here<<<<

Cody Badger

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so i got a baby Bearded Dragon today,(his name is Roofy) he is only like 2 inches long not counting the tail. he is nice and is kinda tamed but he is still young so i dont expect much. um so anyways i got some meal worms and crickets but i know that your supposed to feed him vegatables everyday and insects like every other day. i was wondering what kind of vegetables to get him? and here is what i got so far, tell me if im wrong and need more. i got a little stump thing for him too climb on, a nice rock looking water dish, a uv light that has his temperature at around 80-82 right now, i got that green flooring or whatever you call it because thats what he had at the petstore and didnt want him to feel to changed from his home. i got a little bit of leaves that stick to the window with a suction cup incase he wants shade or privacy. he has plenty or free space and also stuff climb on. well i have only had him for about 3 hours now ad he seems fine. not too shy but doesnt love me either >_< lol well thats all, and thanks for the info

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
He need to be fed live food more than greens when so young to build him up im not the most experienced person on here so i wont put too much but live foods should be every day to my knowlaege and pretty much as much as he will take in around 10 - 15mins :)

Cody Badger

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok thanks thats good news because i forgot to by greens and cant get them until tomorrow night

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a great place to find out what is good, not so good to feed & how often ...
[url=http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html]Beautiful Dragons Nutrition List[/URL]

WelcomeToTheForums.jpg

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
convienent timing im putting a how to cage setup video up tommorow thursday at the latest.. haha

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the info i look forward to it :)
ill have it finished tommorow wokeup to a nasty morning got shipped rancid crickets and my dragons refused to eat this morning but were back on track now lol anything in particular you havent found much info on that you think would be helpful?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and if you don't have other reptiles, welcome to the reptile world! Be warned it's very addictive! I started with one leopard gecko (Merlin, my baby <3,) now I have a bearded dragon, and another leopard gecko!

I've read many places that just 'cause they're all lizards, doesn't mean they should be in the same enclosure. So mine are in their own tanks. The geckos could be put in the same tank, but since I had Merlin before Abby, I decided to keep them separate.

As far as food goes for young beardies, this is what I've learned so far:

Never feed them anything (live or veggies) bigger than the space between their eyes.

Some people feed them meal worms, I've been told for younger beardies it is harder for them to digest. So I would stick with small crickets for the time being, especially given your beardie's size.

As they get bigger, and believe me they grow FAST! They will need bigger enclosures to live in.

Food:

Live prey for babies: small crickets

Veggies: I have found that Jethro LOVES Turnip Greens. It's his favorite so far.

They also like mustard greens, collard greens, kale, butternut squash (Jethro LOVES this too). But that list that was provided for you has a ton of more solid information too as to what you should feed them.

Feed them 1-2 times a day with prey. Make sure they get dusted before hand and also you need to feed your prey so they can be gut-loaded before being fed to your bearded dragon.

And make sure they get fresh veggies every day (that's part of their water source).

It's like the old saying "You are what you eat."

Misting and baths are a must too to help stay hydrated! There's some other caresheets that have the specifics on that around here. So hopefully that will help you out some :)

Latest posts