• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon after last ones death

Nora

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello! I am new to the forum and I have a few question. I only had my first bearded dragon for a year before he died of yellow fungus disease. Very sad about it, he was so sweet. I got him from a pet store and he had it when I got him, at the time I didn't know what it was because I was new to the world of reptiles. I am thinking of getting a new one because I loved having one. I am wondering how to disinfect the tank properly to ensure the new one does not get infected. (That would be terrible) and also I live in Canada, specifically Toronto and I was wondering about any good breeders in the area to make sure I don't get another sick one.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Being part of the cryptospiridium group, it's best to clean the enclosure with undiluted ammonia. Let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Does this include all the logs, stones ect?
Anything that won't soak up the water. You'd never get the ammonia smell out of the log. It would be best to toss that one and buy a new one. There are few things in this world that smell worse than ammonia.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Eavlynn. I would get rid of all the deor and replace it but the tank itself can be cleaned with ammonia.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Plastic, ceramic and glass can be cleaned. Anything porous like wood or fake foliage should be replaced. Better to be safe than sorry. Yellow fungus is a terrible disease, my heart breaks every time I hear of a positive diagnosis.

Latest posts