• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Basking Light

Uziestbean

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys. I have a basking light that I had with an enclosure i got from PetSmart and the light acts fine and then it turns off. I’m going to head to a store ASAP but what’s a correct basking light I should get? I have a 40 gallon and I heard a 100 watts is good to get but just want to make sure with you guys. Thanks. Also the photos is what we use for the basking light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys. I have a basking light that I had with an enclosure i got from PetSmart and the light acts fine and then it turns off. I’m going to head to a store ASAP but what’s a correct basking light I should get? I have a 40 gallon and I heard a 100 watts is good to get but just want to make sure with you guys. Thanks. Also the photos is what we use for the basking light.
You need a basking light that is a bright white basking bulb that keeps your basking temps from 95-110- babies need warmer temps 105-110 and adults / juvies like it from 95-110- it is good to offer a gradient heat for them a good piece of basking decor that will offer different places to sit stand or lay on or against -- petsmart has good decor that can offer that something like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/ha...riftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116
start w/ a 100 watt bulb BUT YOU MUST HAVE A DIGITAL PROBE THERMOMETER to get actual temps ---- you do not want to burn him up --- take the probe set it on the place that he sits to bask wait 10 minutes then get the temp --- it should NOT be over 110-- No stickons they dont give accurate temps

Latest posts