• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW BABY!!!! Pics (and video)!

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have been on the lookout for some time for a German Giant or otherwise abnormally large dragon. I keep reading that they don't exist or that the lines are terribly diluted. I found this boy on kingsnake.com - and to my complete surprise, the breeder was local!!! I contacted her immediately ;D

The breeder says his mother has German Giant genes (and she's a very big girl - 21 inches, 600 grams - so I tend to believe it). He's already a big boy at 3 months old and 15 inches! He's bigger than our 3 year old female Athena! She suggested that he would be a good breeder for anyone looking to increase their size and colors.

We've got him in a 55 gal for now but a bigger enclosure is being custom built as we expect he'll grow fast and the 13" depth of the 55 gal will not be suitable for long! He's really made himself at home, even though he's only been here a few hours. He's already been up basking, gaping, exploring his new digs. He is super cute!

Here are some photos and a link to a YouTube video of him. We haven't decided on a name yet (suggestions welcome!) though my husband is partial to 'Cajun' while I like 'VooDoo' His name is Drake, which means 'Dragon'. Someday we will find a large female to breed him with - but I have some time (and a lot more to learn!) before then.

The first three pictures are from the breeder - the last two are him at home in his viv. Mother and Father are below. Link to video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e548UmtQofU

NewBabyBoyGGx4.png

NewBabyBoyGGx5.png

NewBabyBoyGGx6.png

NewBabyBoyGGx1.png

NewBabyBoyGGx3.png

From the breeder's website: ( rainbowbeardeddragons.com )

MotherLucyGG.png

THE MOTHER
Lucy - a 4 year old Crimson Red from Foxfire Dragons.

She's a beautiful Deep Crimson Red with Purple side bars. Her babies are gorgeous tones of red, some with the purple side bars that develop at around 3-4 months of age. This line takes around 4 months to start showing that nice crimson red Like their mother. Offspring will be solid full body color as adults! Sandfire Red, Allen Red, Cawley Red, Crimson Red cross. She is 21 inches , 635 grams.

FatherSunnyGG.png

THE FATHER
Sunny - 1 year old from Dragon Whispers Bloodlines

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
tamara does have some nice sized and very pretty babies. Congrats on your new dragon. I hope he excels for you. ;D

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Gorgeous, Big boy! Nice red/oranges. He's huge at 3 months, so I think your gonna have yourself a massive adult! Love the Big ones!

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats where I got my beardie from.....Ozzy is his name. I got him back in the beginning of june last year and he is a big boy to....I think he has the same mom and dad or something, but Ozzy is more orange/yellowish....they are VERY GOOD DRAGONS and she is a AWSOME breeder. She did a VERY GOOD JOB with Ozzy before I got him....Congrats!!! Were kinda family now...LOL

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
pure_addiction_05 said:
Thats where I got my beardie from.....Ozzy is his name. I got him back in the beginning of june last year and he is a big boy to....I think he has the same mom and dad or something, but Ozzy is more orange/yellowish....they are VERY GOOD DRAGONS and she is a AWSOME breeder. She did a VERY GOOD JOB with Ozzy before I got him....Congrats!!! Were kinda family now...LOL

That's neat! Ozzy can be my beardie nephew or something! :D

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just watched your video. He certainly looks happy in his new home. Gonna be a nice looking adult.