• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby Beardie!

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
what should i feed the crickets cause don't they last longer when they
When I had crickets I feed them carrots for hydration --- and cricket food --- you can feed them greens like the fresh collard and mustard etc ---- crickets dont have a long shelf life -- that is why I recommended the dubia roaches --- they last a looooooong time and they dont stink and they dont chirp---- you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them dubia food along w/ carrots for hydration --- you can order them on line -- I get mine and other worms and bugs from www.dubiaroaches.com
yea but the problem is my foster parents not wanting roaches in their house

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
401854-right-1
this would be the set
Zilla Slimline Desert 50 UVB T8 Fluorescent Fixture

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Just let me know what you get for a UVB so I can help you w/ distance for tank etc
and my beardie is not picky at all the only thing she hates is bananas he refuses to eat bananas im so sorry to take up your time i just i got him for a surprise christmas present and i was giving up on taming him im going to go bio active also

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I recommend you talking w/ someone about that --- for that info I cannot help you ---- please visit this website for info from others on there that can help you--- NO BANANAS ---
www.beardeddragon.org-

the slimline fixture will work it is a T 8 I would get rid of the bulb and replace w/ the Reptisun 10.0 bulb for around $20-- it is a better bulb and will need to go into tank w/ cover off the bulb sitting approx 6-8 inches from basking spot it will need to be replaced in 6 months so make sure you write it down when you install in tank and date --- here are some ways to hang
command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – plastic zip ties
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-C...18:m:m40KOkegiGiJeePUguhY5cQ&var=541991102297
here is a pic of how someone hung theirs
i think the space between my wire would be too big for zip ties also i have a like tree thing that gets pretty close to the top and also why isn't my beardie dead or sick yet if i was using the wrong light cause he poops healthy

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Do Not give up on taming-- hand feed -- approach from side not above they think your hand is a predator-- they have like a third eye on top of their head == put a piece of cloth like a small fleece blanket or clothing something w/ your scent on it in their hide ---
my cage only opens from the top but i may be getting a new one soon that opens from the side that's when i'm going bio active

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
You caught the UVB in time -- usually w / in a year we get post of dragons w/ the coil and they arent eating they are lethargic etc.......................... just get it changed out as soon as you can or you will have health issues --- also those coils NO NOT protect against MBD---- lack of calcium is the biggest issue - if you read the UVB post it says in there what happens when using them
should i feed my beardie outside of his tank when i get the bio active set up to not run risks of impaction

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
yea i just read some of the forums and it turns out that a beardie's basking temp needs to be 120 to 130 degrees and the beardie needs to be hydrated in order for it to pass a bio active soil mix which would be a brand from a website called https://www.arcadiareptile.com/

Matthew McCarter

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi i'm new and i have a 10 month old bearded dragon he is well fed and kinda fat but he is not tame because he treats my fingers like food every time i stick them in the tank i feed him 3 large crickets a day and a natural zoo med pellet diet everyday along with fruits and greens once every week when i get him over the thought my fingers are food he will stay on my arm for a little but if i try to touch him he darts or he hisses please help

Like Kaylyn said you need to feed him more insects and feed him greens EVERY DAY, also you may want to switch to dubi roaches if your able to get them, they are way more nutritious than crickets.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Like Kaylyn said you need to feed him more insects and feed him greens EVERY DAY, also you may want to switch to dubi roaches if your able to get them, they are way more nutritious than crickets.
already tried with my foster parents to get dubi roaches but my foster parents said no

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I do not know anything about bioactive tanks -- your best bet is to get a hold of someone on the www.beardeddragon.org forum and talk w / them --- you need to post on that forum about info for a bioactive tank ---- post under enclosures
question can my green anole have the coil uvb cause he has a repti-sun tube and i was wondering until i can get the money get get another tube could i switch the two

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
You can order BSFL from this place -- they are a good insect feeder but you would need to order a lot as they are small and he would eat a lot as a staple feeder--
https://symtonbsf.com/
There is also a good white bowl on that site that I use that the worms and bugs cant get out of it I would purchase one -- I got the medium
can't i just feed the crickets kale and gut load them cause my foster parents said no more bugs and that i'm lucky i even have my lizards and their food

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
ZooMed's reptile or iguana lights, and Durotest's Vita-Lite are two good products. These UVB light sources should be replaced every 6 months. I read they can use the Reptsiun 5.0 bulb it is for aquarium use -- you can take this question to the beardeddragon.org forum scroll to the bottom of the forum discussion board and find anoles --but I would say no to the coil UVB --- you need a tube like the one you have now but both require different amounts of UVB -- the dragon needs the 10.0 bulb and whatever one you are using for the anole now --- so I would get the 10.0 bulb ASAP -- you can use the 5.0 for the dragon its just not as strong and would need to go inside the tank for the T 8 ---- 6-8 inches from dragon
um i have a 10.0 repti-sun right now on my anole's tank

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Yes just feed the crickets then and dust them w/ the calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week --- but feed him other greens - like turnip collards or mustard- the collards and the turnip last longer--- you can also feed him green beans and squash zucinni or yellow or butternut shredded --- he needs variety --- here is a website for you for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Limit the fruit too high in sugar ---- once in a while ---- NO Citrus -----
Should we start a private conversation about this or stay on this forum

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
outside is good --- just dont lose him someone on here just posted they lost their baby beardie and he hasnt been able to find him now ---- 15 minutes in direct sunlight is = to 4 hrs of UVB----- dont put him in anything glass as it will get too hot ---
i take him out in a plastic tote
but i live in wisconsin and it's getting too cold

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
so is it fine for just a little bit to change raptor's[the green anole's] tube with the coil just until i get enough money for two

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Next good warm day --- but I would get the UVB ASAP he cant go too long w/ out one and the coil is only harming him as he basically is getting none
so is it fine for just a little bit to change raptor's[the green anole's] tube with the coil just until i get enough money for two

Latest posts