• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New 40 gallon tank

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
I was told by another user that it's just like repticarpet which has worked fine for me and I clean his tank and everything in it on a daily basis

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ReptiCarpet and slate tiles are both perfectly safe choices for substrate...neither of which harbor bacteria and such as long as proper husbandry practices are keep up;-)
@BeardieBaby..I don't use ReptiCarpet anymore (only cause I choose other substrates to use ) but I do believe that the ReptiCarpet is a brand name and that there are other manufacturers now that sell the equivalent under other names;-)

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Mungi! That's what I thought! And I definitely clean his tank on a regular basis and clean up right after he poops(and usually he poops right after he eats and right before I go to work! Yay!) :D

Pat B

Super Moderator
Okay, just thought maybe I'd make him feel better if I put him on the hammock but I understand he'll choose where he's happy. When I had the first tank he used to sleep in the corner splattered on the glass with his arms spread out on the glass, it was adorable! I have heard you say you shouldn't treat your beardie's like dogs or cats, so I should keep remembering that, but it's so hard because they are just so darn cute and sweet! :rolleyes:
This comment is too funny because that is the way my beardie was sleeping last night!! How does he do that? All I could think of being really stiff in the morning so I moved him to his hammock which is where is slept all night....:)

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Haha Pat!!!! That is funny!!! We are always doing things to make our babies feel better! But it was GOOD I moved him to his hammock because that's where he falls asleep every night until the next morning! And I have no idea how beardies can manage to sleep all weird like that.....it just doesn't look comfortable! Oh well....guess that's why beardie's aren't like regular house animals like cats and dogs! LOL! :D

Latest posts