• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need ur advice

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
I have two dragons in seperate enclosers, male and female. A 40g and 50g tank. The 40 is set untop of a plastic storage container and the 50 is on a 2ft tall table. My girlfriend and I are going to move soon into a two bedroom apt. And were expecting our baby in january. I'm lost at where I can keep my BDs. I know its not a issue now but when the baby is older he/she maybe curious and get into their cages. I was wondering if I could keep them in outside enclosers? I know I can't use glass tanks for that. But I know some of you have kids and I was wondering what ur tips are on baby proofing ur dragon enclosers.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_0043.JPG how about some stackables like these. you can add any latch or lock you please.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
lock, tie downs, other baby proofing things your will already have to get for the rest of the house.

outside homes for BDs are hard in most cases. humidity being the hardest part, as well as tempature, one day it could be 90F the next 105F and humidity can change with the wind. also, by having inconsistent weather, heat, and light you could cause your BD to go into Burmintation(sp?) though im not sure.

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
Ya ur right. The weather is too inconsistant and humidity will soon rise with our monsoon season on its way. Thanks guys!
P.s. those stackable enclosers are gorgeous.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Clydora

Bearded Dragon Egg
i'm new here but i have a 3 yr old who loves to get into animal cages. when we got our beardie we immediately rearranged our room so she can be in there where i can close the door to keep him out. now i know that might not work for you but our 40g has a latch top screen and made so we can put a lock on it. so he for sure can not get into it as for our other animals thats a different story but he leaves them alone finally. my mom also has 2 turtle cages and she has them up on stands and he can't reach into them. hope some of this helps

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My 9 yr old though quite a bit older is quite the curious little creature so I keep mine in my bedroom. Out of sight, out of mind! Aside from that, I have a lock on my door just in case.

Latest posts