• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some advice

smokeysfc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all I have a few reptiles but I brought a 1.5 year-old beardie and his setup on Saturday. he ate two crickets Saturday and 4 Mario worms Monday and has refused to eat everything for example salad crickets wax worms locusts morio worms since Monday. and I'm a bit worried I mist him daily to keep him hydrated. and he likes being out of his viv but he won't eat. any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to beardies

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He is probably still settling in to his new home, don't stress about it too much. Sometime it can take up to 2 weeks for them to adjust. Make sure his temps are 95-100 degrees, he has a working UVB bulb and he has some places to hide in his tank. If you are going to mist him, don't do it in the tank. Misting raises the humidity in the tank and the wetness in the tank can breed bacteria. Misting doesn't really do anything for the beardie unless he is licking the water off his nose. For that, you can just take a water dropper and drip water on the tip of his nose. They get most of their hydration from the food they eat and drinking in a bath.

smokeysfc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thankyou so much I have the Temps right and a uv strip bulb the length of his tank and mesh guard on the lights to and a hollow tree for him to hide in the cool end and in the hot end he can hide under a shelf behind a fake plant or sit on shelves I'll post pics I'll leave him to settle but still offer food daily

Attachments

• DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0098.JPG
    DSC_0098.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 28

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would take out the loose substrate in the tank. Not sure what you are using, it looks like wood shavings which could be toxic. Anything loose in the tank has the potential of being eaten and cause impaction.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, I agree with all that patsy has mentioned.

smokeysfc

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would take out the loose substrate in the tank. Not sure what you are using, it looks like wood shavings which could be toxic. Anything loose in the tank has the potential of being eaten and cause impaction.
I was using vermiculite as it came with him but now I have reptile carpet as I read sand can have the same negative effect of eaten

Latest posts