• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help, weird spot on back

mle22066

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! So, im relatively new to the wonderful world of beards
20160319_191106.jpg
20160319_191111.jpg
(I've only owned two) so im looking for a more professional opinion on this. I recently noticed a white spot on my guys back, that i have never seen before. He recently shed, and is almost finished so its not the beginning stages where it turns a cloudy white. Im not sure if he damaged the scales or prematurely pulled his shed off somehow, or if its a fungus or burn? Im worried about it and did some research but cant seem to find anything that looks quite like this.
Thanks in advance!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interesting so this is or isn't new? looks like a scrape almost. But if you don't recall if he injured himself then maybe it's just a funky start to a shed, how old is he as the older they get the weirder their sheds seem to be.

mle22066

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's two years old, soon to be three. It is new, he lost the big flap of skin over his back last night and uncovered this. I could sort of see it through the skin but i didnt want to peel it back and do more damage to it. I have a wooden hideout he likes to dig under (instead of just going inside it) maybe he skun his back scales off that?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm that is pretty odd then if he just shed his back to find this..Maybe it's an old scrape or maybe it could be a burn? he can't come in contact with his lighting can he? I would just keep an eye on it..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm stumped. Before the shed skin came off was that area darker? It almost looks like a burn. You know when you get a scab and you peel it off and it's that milky white color underneath? I don't know though.

mle22066

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know, im completely baffled. He seems otherwise healthy, and there is no way he could have touched the lights, maybe sitting under it to long after falling asleep? Can they do that, or get some sort of "sun" burn? It is on the highest part of his back. So weird.
"Before the shed skin came off was that area darker?" Not really, it wasnt anything abnormal, just the usual faded shed color. That spot was a bit lighter. I thought it just was a lighter spot of shed, normal, but it peeled off to this. Ill just wait it out :( if he seems to be getting sick ill take him in.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know, im completely baffled. He seems otherwise healthy, and there is no way he could have touched the lights, maybe sitting under it to long after falling asleep? Can they do that, or get some sort of "sun" burn? It is on the highest part of his back. So weird.
"Before the shed skin came off was that area darker?" Not really, it wasnt anything abnormal, just the usual faded shed color. That spot was a bit lighter. I thought it just was a lighter spot of shed, normal, but it peeled off to this. Ill just wait it out :( if he seems to be getting sick ill take him in.
Yea just keep an eye on it and if it changes for the worse then get him checked.. otherwise maybe it will turn back to the normal coloring..