• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help please

Caleb Humphrey

Bearded Dragon Egg
I noticed that my bearded dragons tail has had this weird dip in it. I have no idea what it could be can someone please help me!
IMG_2583.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    1,013 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    826.2 KB · Views: 25

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
Did he fall or get it stuck in something?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum.. How long have you had her? This looks like MBD

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What type of lighting do you have? (Both the basking and the UVB) How old is she? what does the rest of her body look like? Has she seen a vet??

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the rest of her
View attachment 16843
I'm not a vet but this gal has a sever case of MBD and really needs to be seen by a reptile vet to get needed calcium supplements/injections.
The basking bulb is fine but the coil UVB is not for a number of reasons.. 1 they are known to cause eye damage. 2. they don't give off enough UVB that is needed for proper absorbtion of calcium..
Highly recommend a strip tube UVB Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 stay away from compact UVB bulbs.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What all are you feeding her? what feeder bugs? are you giving her any supplements?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Caleb, she needs a vet. She is very underweight and like the others have said it looks like she has a case of metabolic bone disease. They get this when they are not getting enough D3 to synthesize calcium to make their bones strong. The light you have been using does not put out the proper amount of UVB that they need. A vet can give her shots of calcium and other medicines that she needs. They can't reverse the damage already done but they can stop the progression.

Caleb, I know your young and you love your bearded dragon and I understand parents sometimes get weird with taking reptiles to the vet but something needs to be done. Either she needs to see a vet so you can help her or she needs to be given to someone that can provide vet care.

Under our signatures there are links to general set up info, please read them and you will see the things you need to get to properly take care of her.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also the occasional salad consisting of carrots and lettuce
Take a few min and take a look at the links below several of our comments you will find a general care link and in there it will have everything you need for care and we have also included links for what types of foods to offer.. Lettuce has no nutritional value just moisture, carrots are high in Vit A so they are more of an occasional to be fed item.. Get yourself some collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens those are all excellent to be fed daily..

Latest posts