• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

need help - Eye Problem

wickedalien1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I rescued this yr old beardie and the previous owner had him in sand which got in its eye and has caused some major issues. I took the sand out and currently have it on tile trying to clear its eye up. I keep it washed with saline and the swelling is going down at a good rate but have noticed some drainage that seams to harden up to a clearish brown color and it is also getting on its mouth now. Any ideas what it may be and what I can do to help it.
120615_158.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
3.jpg

Thanks for taking the poor guy in.

Clear Eyes or other mild eye drops, and frequent warm soaks, splashing water over the affect eye area will help. Antibiotics are likely needed so a vet trip would be in order.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's great to hear that your taking much better of him! That's one of the reasons that I don't like sand. A trip to the vet would be a good idea.

Latest posts