• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Egg Help!

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanx everyone!.... I've got m fingers crossed that the hatch too...i hope they haven't gone bad! i will me devastated :'(
thanx for all you help and i will keep you informed

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that but don't give up just yet!! What is the humidity and temps at? As long as the eggs are not brown and smelling yet you are ok!!

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Are you using the strip type thermometer? If so those things can be off as much as 20 degrees! If you can I would go to a garden center and get a thermometer with a hygrometer that has a probe on the end! Your temps and humidity sound way off! Good luck...

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its a tube like thermometer.. it came with the incubator...i will go to the store tomorrow and get the one ur talking about...also my dragon looks like she is carrying eggs again... is that possable?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes quite possible. One mating a year is all a female needs. She can and will retain sperm for months before actually producing eggs in some cases.
Janie

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I sure did Tim!!! And they where all good!! Then I had problems with mold with the last 2 clutches!! ??? We think it was from the water we used in the bator! Really up set us because there was a lot!! But I am thinking new season!! ;D

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
UPDATE!!! Aires layed another clutch of eggs today 24 of em!!......i got a humidity gauge and i was wondering what the humidity should be?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thats a good range. I keep mine right at 80% 85 degrees (but i think im going with a lower temp next season)

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the other eggs havent changed... :-\ ....how do i get the humidity up that high? right now its at 50%....sorry for all the dumb questions im just neew to this.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of incubator are you using?
if its a havobator you can add water to the plastic tray in the bottom or you can put a cup in the incubator with water in it. if the heat is right the humidity will rise with the added water. do you have your substrate your eggs are in hydrated? what do you have the eggs in substrate wise?

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes its the kind of incubator you said..i have the water in the bottom...the eggs are in hatchrite substrate....the bag says no need to add water to it...

Latest posts