• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice on vinyl floor, please!!!

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I found some brand new vinyl at an resale shop so I bought it to put in my beardies cages, but when I unrolled it, it has a pretty strong smell, will them fumes hurt my babies??? I have reg shelf paper in them now, wanted to upgrade and make them look nicer. Do you think it would help to wash it in the tub and hang them outside for a while to get rid of some of the oder. Thanks in advance

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New vinyl always has an odor, but once unrolled and exposed to the open air, this dissipates reasonably quickly. I use a padded vinyl deck covering in all my enclosures, when new, it also had the strong vinyl smell, but a good airing out & washing fixed that & I have had no issues whatsoever. I do have mine permanently installed with contact cement to the floor of the enclosure, with all edges sealed with 100% silicone, to prevent feeders & leakage from getting underneath. It is easy to wipe clean & disinfect. I found permanently installing it better that removable because removing it to clean, you also have to clean the enclosure floor, anyway because of possible leakage & bacteria around the edges. Just cleaning it while permanently mounted & sealed on the floor eliminates a step.

Latest posts