• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice on UVB lighting

beardiemom202333

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

New beardie mom here. We have a 48” x 18” x 18” inch terrarium for our beardie. My confusion is the uvb lighting. Can we put it on top of the mesh? If so, where does it go? We have an Arcadia 12% T5 HO reflective liner tube. I read enclosures should be covered by 2/3 of the tank with uvb and overlap with the basking. We also have some awesome driftwood our beardie loves and he loves to sit on the top of that perch. We have a basking platform he also basks on all the time. If we keep the light on top is that okay? Or should the light go inside? If we put in inside, where do you recommend our driftwood goes??? I’m so confused on the uvb and no one will give me a straight answer. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9661.jpeg
    IMG_9661.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9669.jpeg
    IMG_9669.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9660.jpeg
    IMG_9660.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

New beardie mom here. We have a 48” x 18” x 18” inch terrarium for our beardie. My confusion is the uvb lighting. Can we put it on top of the mesh? If so, where does it go? We have an Arcadia 12% T5 HO reflective liner tube. I read enclosures should be covered by 2/3 of the tank with uvb and overlap with the basking. We also have some awesome driftwood our beardie loves and he loves to sit on the top of that perch. We have a basking platform he also basks on all the time. If we keep the light on top is that okay? Or should the light go inside? If we put in inside, where do you recommend our driftwood goes??? I’m so confused on the uvb and no one will give me a straight answer. Thanks
Your screen determines the placement of the uvb- I can't see your screen but if it's a fine mesh like a screen door then it needs to be unobstructed either placing inside or no screen or cutting a hole for the uvb- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - if the screen is a wide hole type it can stay on top w/ a distance of 8-10 inches- basking bulb can stay on top surface basking temps should be 95-100 for a 6 month and older dragon- those temps should be taken w a digital probe thermometer- your driftwood can go where you want it if he really likes it put it under your lights either the uvb or basking bulb-- just make sure your distance is correct

Latest posts