• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My slithery children

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They definitely keep me busy! Not too long ago I wasn't a big snake person either, but these guys have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of leglessness haha. It's crazy how different they are from one another, and they each have their own personality. Every day is an adventure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'll handle them (used to work in pet store(s) so that's no problem) but I wouldn't want to own any...

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll handle them (used to work in pet store(s) so that's no problem) but I wouldn't want to own any...
A year ago I wouldn't have let any snakes into the house haha. I'm glad I did, though. They're sweet and gentle little things, and unfortunately there are a lot out there in need of a good home and proper care. Snakes aren't for everyone though! It's a big commitment when they can live 20 to 40 years.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A year ago I wouldn't have let any snakes into the house haha. I'm glad I did, though. They're sweet and gentle little things, and unfortunately there are a lot out there in need of a good home and proper care. Snakes aren't for everyone though! It's a big commitment when they can live 20 to 40 years.

I have a little corn snake named Cypress who had quite a rough start. I was young and dumb when I got him and had no idea how to properly care for him. He has been a tough little dude hanging in there with me through the years. We had to make a lot of changes (upgraded his enclosure, began providing proper heat and etc) after doing so, he just seemed so much happier.
He's such a sweet little guy and has given me a great appreciation for snakes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Corn snakes are hardy little things. They can tolerate husbandry mistakes far better than most pythons and boas. Little escape artists though! Have you made a thread for Cypress? I'd love to see him :)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have not :/ I recently got a new phone with no new pictures of him on here. I'll see if I can pull an older pic from facebook to show you :) I'm currently away for school so him and Spyra are both with Maddie while I'm away

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
cb100ffd3779c198508e3530cd840ae1.jpg

Here's the handsome guy as a baby. This was taken years ago around the time I first got him.
When I get home I will try to find the picture to show you how skinny he was before we began to take proper care of him. Sadly, I was only feeding him a pinky mouse every 7 days until rather recently. I did not know I was suppose to increase the size of the mice. I know, that is awful :/ I plan to spend the rest of his life making up for all of my mistakes. He has taught me to do my research before purchasing a pet.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aww, what a cutie. You're doing well for him now, and that's what matters. We all mess up at some point. I'm definitely an advocate for research! Most mistakes are made because of misinformation and lack of education. I look forward to seeing more of Cypress!

Latest posts