• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jamie Holmes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! So I got a baby beardie that's about a month or so old and I was just wondering if people could give me any tips and tricks on raising a picky eater as well as a baby in general? His name (I don't actually know wheter it's a he but ya know) is Ichabod Crane, Icky for short, and he's absolutely adorable! He's about 4.5 inches long! I got him 4 days ago and he seems to be taking handling well and is very curious and likes to explore. He also seems to be a picky eater. I started him on mealworms which he refused the second day, not even so much as a glance at them! So I got a few crickets and now have those which he at 6 or 7 of yesterday (I think he got excited and ate too many because he threw up 2 this morning but from what I can tell that's common especially if the crickets are on the large side and the beardie wasn't living somewhere before that fed him well enough? He won't eat any pellets or dried things that aren't moving (I'm not surprised) but my girlfriend did get him to eat some lettuce the other day which was good! I'm going to pick up some vegetables today and wondered if there was anything specific that picky baby's will eat? I tried some strawberries and he licked them but wouldn't eat them, although he DID drink water on his own today so I was proud!! Thanks alot!
- Holmes

Latest posts