• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My lizard is laying eggs, but she's never mated.

blaire321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon is about 6 years old, and today we found 4 bean looking things laying in her tank. Some were a little dented and I had no idea what they were.
I searched it up a bit and I figured out she layed eggs! But she's the only lizard I have, so does this mean they're all unfertilized?
Will she have more?
If so, what should I do with them?
Please help, I have no idea what to do!

Thanks!
(sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new!)

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi There,
Sometime an unmated female will cycle out some unfertile eggs. What you want to do is give her a good long WARM soak. Then put her in a bin of sand/dirt so she can dig a hole and lay the remaining eggs in the hole. The bin is to allow Her to feel safe and secure enough to lay the rest of the clutch. Im almost positive she may be holding on to more eggs. Its nothing uncommon and with a little no how she will pull thru this no problem.

blaire321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Re: My lizard is laying eggs, but she's never mated.

Okay, I'll give her a bath right now. She's sitting on me and keeps falling asleep which is a little unlike her cause she enjoys exploring. (She's probably tuckered out!)
So none of the eggs will hatch?
Also she looks way thinner and her tail seems different. Like more pointed and tight is this normal or it has nothing to do with her laying eggs?
And I have a problem! I have no sand or a box thing for that matter! D:
Could I improvise?!

MsMichRalla

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i'm sure you could just use playsand and somekind if cardboard box. Ive heard if your hatching them they should be laid in somekind of special dirt/sand mix to keep a good moisture level or something in the incubator. Since these arent fertile you could just use the above. playsand is cheap too. Where i'm from its like 3.00 for 5lbs. I'm not sure about the tail thing, maybe the change is from the strain of certain muscles down there but anything would look thinner after poppin out a few eggs.
;) good luck.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You can use straight playsand in the nesting box. You have to moisten the sand to make it burrowable. Just put the sand in a rubbermaid container or something similar.

Latest posts