• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My daughter's dragon needs help

Bryansdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
My daughter has had a rough year I'll spare the details but she cannot deal with another loss rn. And being it's back to school we have run low on funds so vets are out of the question rn bryan her 8month old dragon started to turn white/grey on his head. Doesn't look like shed in some spots almost translucent. His 40g enclosure is always 90° and around 30% humidity he eats like a champ greens and crickets mealworms dusted with cal with d3 tank lights on timer somewhat active but he's always been chill. Poops are pretty solid and multiple times a day please lmk if I can or should be doing something different I just don't want to let my little girl down he brings her alot of peace

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_160004610_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_160004610_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210818_160016004.jpg
    IMG_20210818_160016004.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210818_160249449_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_160249449_HDR.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210818_160041494_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_160041494_HDR.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My daughter has had a rough year I'll spare the details but she cannot deal with another loss rn. And being it's back to school we have run low on funds so vets are out of the question rn bryan her 8month old dragon started to turn white/grey on his head. Doesn't look like shed in some spots almost translucent. His 40g enclosure is always 90° and around 30% humidity he eats like a champ greens and crickets mealworms dusted with cal with d3 tank lights on timer somewhat active but he's always been chill. Poops are pretty solid and multiple times a day please lmk if I can or should be doing something different I just don't want to let my little girl down he brings her alot of peace
That is shed --- make sure you have correct lighting UVB NO coils and correct basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- humidity is good - how old is the dragon ? Please no meal worms for a baby -- more towards a year old but nothing younger --- meal worms can cause impaction --- he should have basking temps of 95-100 for a juvie / adult 6 months old or older --- that is going to keep him from getting impacted - the temps and the UVB are the most important thing in the tank

Bryansdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is shed --- make sure you have correct lighting UVB NO coils and correct basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- humidity is good - how old is the dragon ? Please no meal worms for a baby -- more towards a year old but nothing younger --- meal worms can cause impaction --- he should have basking temps of 95-100 for a juvie / adult 6 months old or older --- that is going to keep him from getting impacted - the temps and the UVB are the most important thing in the tank
8mths gotcha and yes uvb no coil Lazer thermometer for readings

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For a T 5 to sit on top of the screen it MUST be a wide hole type if its a fine screen mesh it needs to go inside the tank -- the screen will block 30% of the rays --- for it to be on top w/a wide hole distance 8-10 inches directly over the basking decor piece for it to be inside the tank 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece --- if you need things to hang w/ let me know I will post some -- this is going to help w/ his shed along w/ other things - the UVB and basking temps are the two MOST important things in the tank -------------- make sure you change the UVB out in approx one year for a T 5 --- I recommend a month prior to

Bryansdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much I'll get on hanging it cause as of rn it sits on top and the mesh is pretty fine and thick

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He looks like he’s shedding, he looks good, I do agree maybe bump up his temps to 95 if you can, he looks a lil thin in my opinion, are his bugs gut loaded with fresh veggies? At 8 months he can be eating super worms and they have a lil more fat than crickets do, roaches, super worms, hornworms and bsfl are alot better, crickets are just really nasty feeder insects :/

Latest posts