• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardy keeps missing his food

Qchecker33

Bearded Dragon Egg
So in Oklahoma we got some snow today and it’s about 32~ degrees f today and a few inches of snow but I took him out for about a minute and he seemed fine didn’t seem to angry. But I took him in to get a few super worms and he continually missed his food 3-5 times in a row before managing to get it. Here’s all the things I know could’ve caused this, the contrast of the worms and the ground is not the greatest, depth perception, or it could be a health thing that had to do with the snow and the cold. Video link of the second worm I gave him video

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So in Oklahoma we got some snow today and it’s about 32~ degrees f today and a few inches of snow but I took him out for about a minute and he seemed fine didn’t seem to angry. But I took him in to get a few super worms and he continually missed his food 3-5 times in a row before managing to get it. Here’s all the things I know could’ve caused this, the contrast of the worms and the ground is not the greatest, depth perception, or it could be a health thing that had to do with the snow and the cold. Video link of the second worm I gave him video
It looks like his depth perception is off --- you took him out side in the freezing cold? I realize you said a minute but please dont take him out anymore -- I am afraid your going to get him sick - dragons when being transported like to the vet in cold weather need to be taken from the house straight to the car and the car needs to be heated first - he should go into a carrier w/ hand warmers wrapped in a towel or dish towel as they get very hot and can burn exposed - they last usually 4 hrs -- dragons should not be outside when the temps are below 65-- as far as him and having a hard time getting the worm how old is the dragon-- I know they do or can be off at times when getting insects and it takes a couple of times but if it continues and / or gets worse please get him into the vet
heres a website for a vet www.arav.org and please no more outside its too cold

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was gonna say it looks like he's slow because he's cold. Make sure he's nice n warm and then feed him. A bit more contrast would help him definitely. And it's easy to make that change.

Latest posts