• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie went to bed earlier than expected, normal?

KodeofLife

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey there! New beardie owner here! I've done months of research before getting what I wanted a little guy but when I went to get her she jumped outta the enclosure like she was ready to come home with me so I said "he's the one." They responded with "She." Her name is Hamilton I've had her two weeks through a breeder. I'm told that she is hypo-leatherback. I have her on a timer and I'm really curious but she tried to go to bed early which I know because she sleeps on her foam background literally like that lmao she'll sleep on my shirt if I let her but her light and heat go off at 7:30 every night but today she must've been exhausted, i was holding her and she kinda knocked out early while I was handling her and then put her back in before the lights went off at 7so she could get warm before her lights go off for the night but is this normal? Also shes 2 months old
received_2627526577467710.jpeg

StinkyLizrd

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s complety fine. My 2 dragons do the same. They try to sleep earlier than usual. Mine is set up to turn off at 8pm but sometimes they’ll try to be asleep by 7-7:30. Nothing to worry about as long as they’re active and moving once she’s awake.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My little guy did that for the first time yesterday. I needed to change his heat bulb to a higher wattage because of the size of his tank to get his basking temp higher. While the heat light was off and cooling down so I could change the bulb the tank wasn't as bright with just the UV and Dexter sprawled out in his favorite nighttime resting place and went to sleep. It was the middle of the afternoon. The tank wasn't dark with the UV light still on and he's in a well lit room and it was sunny out. I was a little alarmed thinking he was not feeling well, but as soon as I had the new bulb in place and back on he was up and running again. It was odd.

KodeofLife

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little guy did that for the first time yesterday. I needed to change his heat bulb to a higher wattage because of the size of his tank to get his basking temp higher. While the heat light was off and cooling down so I could change the bulb the tank wasn't as bright with just the UV and Dexter sprawled out in his favorite nighttime resting place and went to sleep. It was the middle of the afternoon. The tank wasn't dark with the UV light still on and he's in a well lit room and it was sunny out. I was a little alarmed thinking he was not feeling well, but as soon as I had the new bulb in place and back on he was up and running again. It was odd.
I'm gonna try that. Good thing I have extra bulbs for back up but the temp in there is like 108° and the UVB bulb is brand new as in just been replaced as of two days

KodeofLife

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s complety fine. My 2 dragons do the same. They try to sleep earlier than usual. Mine is set up to turn off at 8pm but sometimes they’ll try to be asleep by 7-7:30. Nothing to worry about as long as they’re active and moving once she’s awake.
Sweet thank you! Yeah shes usually up and roaming her enclosure once she warms up

Latest posts