• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mocha McGillian

Bearded Dragon Egg
Recently, my bearded dragon has turned really dark all over. Before he turned dark, he was really bright yellowish and I didn’t have this problem with him before. Occasionally, he also goes into one of his hides and will sit there for a bit. My current guess is he is really stressed about something but I don’t know what. I recently took him to the vet and he was prescribed Panacur and he’s been given 0.2ml for two weeks now. Additionally, he started shedding on the front of his face and hasn’t shed anywhere else yet. For context, he’s six years old as well and I’ve had him for about half a year now.

Tank Setup:
Basking Side is around 110 degrees and the cool side is around 85-90 degrees.
Humidity varies from 30-50 but is mostly under 40.
He has a UVB light that is not coiled or anything.
His tank is 40 gallons with a tile substrate.

Pictures
The first picture of him is today on August 28.
The second picture is him on August 20.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 5CB88F3F-5CA8-4710-A951-B15F1398071E.jpeg
    5CB88F3F-5CA8-4710-A951-B15F1398071E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If ur taking temps with just the stick on ur temps are inaccurate, you need a digital probe for accuracy, im thinking ur barely getting 90f , hes dark cause he’s trying to absorb heat, when they’re hot enough they open their mouths and turn to their “lighter phase” if his beard or tummy are dark then id be worried.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Also in my opinion he does look a lil thin (not under weight, but thin) and he is dehydrated (wrinkles in the skin and strands of saliva are giveaways)

Mocha McGillian

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also in my opinion he does look a lil thin (not under weight, but thin) and he is dehydrated (wrinkles in the skin and strands of saliva are giveaways)
I don’t think he has improper heating or dehydration. I do have a digital thermometer to track his temps and he does bask under his light and he was really bright before he turned dark. Also, I pinched the skin on his back and belly to see if he was dehydrated and neither side tented or stayed pinched.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t think he has improper heating or dehydration. I do have a digital thermometer to track his temps and he does bask under his light and he was really bright before he turned dark. Also, I pinched the skin on his back and belly to see if he was dehydrated and neither side tented or stayed pinched.
I apologize If i came off as judging you, he must’ve just been in a weird position, and it is important you have a good digital thermometer may i see what kind?

Mocha McGillian

Bearded Dragon Egg
I apologize If i came off as judging you, he must’ve just been in a weird position, and it is important you have a good digital thermometer may i see what kind?
It’s all good. I don’t think his temps are what is stressing him though because he has been using his hiding spots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would get something like this, idk about that, im shure its accurate though.

Attachments

• 4E17C596-98C1-4A62-AEB3-7BB791E9792C.jpeg
    4E17C596-98C1-4A62-AEB3-7BB791E9792C.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts