• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie is shedding.

Skylar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, and to having a dragon! I got my bearded dragon about 3 weeks ago and she is doing really well. I noticed her colours are faded on her feet and head, and her head is really shedding now. She is 3 months old so this is her first time shedding, how can I help her? I know not to peel the skin off, to let it come off naturally. Different sources have told me to bathe her others have told me to mist her and others say not to do either, so I'm not sure what to do.

What can I do to help her out?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, and to having a dragon! I got my bearded dragon about 3 weeks ago and she is doing really well. I noticed her colours are faded on her feet and head, and her head is really shedding now. She is 3 months old so this is her first time shedding, how can I help her? I know not to peel the skin off, to let it come off naturally. Different sources have told me to bathe her others have told me to mist her and others say not to do either, so I'm not sure what to do.

What can I do to help her out?

Welcome to the forum and to beardies! They will shed alot as babies lol bathing them more frequently while shedding is good and you can use a soft toothbrush and gently scrub.. Just be sure not to take off shed that's not ready. Misting is good I just wouldn't do this in the tank as you can raise the humidity level too much and that can lead to upper respiratory issues.

Latest posts