• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Beardie is not eating right

Alysia Smith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our smallest dragon doesn't eat like the rest. I have separated hbugs. ompletely to be by himself and some days he gorges on crickets, roaches, and his veggies and some days I can't get him to eat at all. I have bought a caloric supplement and appetite stimulant but can't get him to open his mouth or to even eat a cricket or Roach with it on it. Is it normal for them to eat good one day and not the next or is there anything else I need to be doing?

I am and I also have the vitamins that I alternate dusting their bugs.
Could I be over doing it with that stuff because I do calcium one day and vitamins the next and just keep alternating them. Not a day goes by that they don't get one or the other. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how old is he? they dont all eat the same. my girl barely touches her greens (she's about 6 years) but loves her dubias and superworms. my boy (about 3 years) will generally eat all his greens, but only a few bugs. i feed them greens every day. i give bugs once or twice a week. little guys (babies) need more bugs than older guys. i'm not an expert on calcium & vitamins - mine kinda get them when they get them. Both of mine are slowing down, too - i think that with winter coming on they're going into brumation. As long as he is relatively active, pooping and looks good - i wouldnt worry too much

Alysia Smith

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's just a baby...he's just over a month old and only weighs 4 grams... He's a tiny baby. He is active and poop looks good. He will eat good one day and nothing the next.

Latest posts