• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie is impacted!I think?

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a beardie she is 9 1/2 inches and a year old I’ve had her for three or four weeks and she only pooped once and that was the second day we got her I know it’s normal for beardies to poop once a week so that’s why I wasn’t worried but I’m getting nervous. I’ve tried many warm baths and have her stomach massages but they haven’t helped. And the last time we fed her she only ate one cricket which isn’t like her. She has also been lethargic and basically sleeps all day. What else can I do to make her pass all of her food out?

jessiechick1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey I’m a pretty new owner too, but I know that having the proper husbandry can mean life or death for dragons...make sure ur lighting(uvb)& heat is where it’s supposed to be, I know that’s the only way they are able to digest their food, u can google & get info on the best lighting setups for dragons, I’ve heard that can make all the difference for their eating and activity level...idk what u use for substrate, but I’ve heard any loose substrate can cause impaction & it’s best to have something solid or even newspaper is better than loose substrate...I use excavator clay & I like it...my guy was a little bit more lazy when he was shedding...I have a boy so I won’t have to deal w/ eggs, so I’m not sure if egg bound females get lazy beforehand? I’m sorry I couldn’t be that much help I’m too new to give any real info besides for checking husbandry...sending well wishes to ur baby girl❤️

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Hey I’m a pretty new owner too, but I know that having the proper husbandry can mean life or death for dragons...make sure ur lighting(uvb)& heat is where it’s supposed to be, I know that’s the only way they are able to digest their food, u can google & get info on the best lighting setups for dragons, I’ve heard that can make all the difference for their eating and activity level...idk what u use for substrate, but I’ve heard any loose substrate can cause impaction & it’s best to have something solid or even newspaper is better than loose substrate...I use excavator clay & I like it...my guy was a little bit more lazy when he was shedding...I have a boy so I won’t have to deal w/ eggs, so I’m not sure if egg bound females get lazy beforehand? I’m sorry I couldn’t be that much help I’m too new to give any real info besides for checking husbandry...sending well wishes to ur baby girl❤
I second this, I would definitely start with the heating and lights. What kind of UVB are you using and what is his basking temperature. I would also recommend taking him/her to the Vet for a fecal exam to rule out parasites especially if feeding crickets.

Storm Romano

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey I’m a pretty new owner too, but I know that having the proper husbandry can mean life or death for dragons...make sure ur lighting(uvb)& heat is where it’s supposed to be, I know that’s the only way they are able to digest their food, u can google & get info on the best lighting setups for dragons, I’ve heard that can make all the difference for their eating and activity level...idk what u use for substrate, but I’ve heard any loose substrate can cause impaction & it’s best to have something solid or even newspaper is better than loose substrate...I use excavator clay & I like it...my guy was a little bit more lazy when he was shedding...I have a boy so I won’t have to deal w/ eggs, so I’m not sure if egg bound females get lazy beforehand? I’m sorry I couldn’t be that much help I’m too new to give any real info besides for checking husbandry...sending well wishes to ur baby girl❤
Well as I was panicking last night and wrote this. She decided it was best to start pooping on my hand while I was outside with her. It was pretty gross but I’m glad she’s feeling better now and has been every active since. As I said I newly got her I know that her husbandry wasn’t good. She has all her proper lighting and she’s on paper towels even though I’m switching to tile because the crickets keep getting underneath the paper towels. I think her getting a lot of exercise running around helped. Thank you for your help.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Well as I was panicking last night and wrote this. She decided it was best to start pooping on my hand while I was outside with her. It was pretty gross but I’m glad she’s feeling better now and has been every active since. As I said I newly got her I know that her husbandry wasn’t good. She has all her proper lighting and she’s on paper towels even though I’m switching to tile because the crickets keep getting underneath the paper towels. I think her getting a lot of exercise running around helped. Thank you for your help.
What I normally do when I feed Safari is take everything out so the feeders don’t hide and feed him that way, I use paper towel as well and will be switching to paper towel too. I’m glad she is feeling better

Latest posts