• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my beardie is freaking out!!!!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
okay so i have a question....does ne1 elses beardies once in awhile start going in2 spazz mode & start running around their vivarium, clawing at the glass?!?! i believe it may be bcuz he sees his own reflection, but i'm not sure. i have a background, but he can still see himself in the glass. i tried taking him out & he was still freaking out, clawing me & just going crazy!!!! he's not quite a yr old yet, not sure on exactly how old he is, but i believe he's between 9 & 10 months old. any thoughts???

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
nope. he doesn't get a black beard, just freaks out!!! starts clawing at the glass like he wants 2 climb up it...& running around his vivarium!

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It might mean that he wants out and wants to be able to run around... If he was seeing his reflection and was being territorial his beard would have been black

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yah, that might be it..but when i did take him out, he was still spazzing out!!! i tried pettin his head like he loves 2 calm him down & he continued 2 freak out. so instead of getting all scratched up, i put him back. had 2 go 2 work, got out early so i'm gonna try a bath right now. he's fine now, but he'll have lil spazz atacks like that once in awhile. maybe a warm bath will soothe him & that way he can get some excersise swimmin in the tub! i love watchin him swim :)

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If mine do that then they usually want to spend time out of their viv or they sometime do it right before they poop.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Drgnfly2265 I was wondering how to post pics because I posted a thread about me getting geico a new 55 gal viv and I wanted to put pics up... Also how did you get the thing where is says Chect out Yaddly on Facebook?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My guess is he wants some playtime with mama :)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yah, that's probably it!!! :) i've been workin so much, i feel terrible, i don't get nearly as much time 2 spend w/him as i use 2! but sum1's gotta pay 4 the food 2 feed his fat butt!!! hehe! :p

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mine does it everyday all day long...maybe thats why hes been going to bed early lately? lol. Mines a year old and has been doing it for months, pretty much his routine...I personally think its because hes bored.

Latest posts